How Robust (Fragile) are detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillek

Ian
Reaction score
So having purchased a Bounty Tracker (still on its way) the next question is transporting it.

As I ride a motorbike more than I drive can it be partially dissambled - is a bit of bounce going to kill it?

If its in the back of the 4WD does it require a padded case? All the time or only if off-roading
Thanks

Tillek said:
So having purchased a Bounty Tracker (still on its way) the next question is transporting it.

As I ride a motorbike more than I drive can it be partially dissambled - is a bit of bounce going to kill it?

If its in the back of the 4WD does it require a padded case? All the time or only if off-roading
Thanks

Metal detectors are generally pretty robust these days and can take quite a knock. Saying this I still carry mine in a soft case when traveling long distances with the coil detached. I often carry mine on a motor bike the same way. I would definitely detach the coil if going down bush tracks..A short run to the beach however , I'd leave it set up. Where the coil attaches to the shaft is usually the weakest point of the detector and a heavy knock to the coil can sometimes strip the thread on the plastic bolt/nut connection..generally common sense should prevail...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Tellek,
I have a Whites GMT and I must admit I treat it like S#@T. :8
I don't have a case for it and just pack it on something soft in the back of the Landcruiser.
It traveled like that all the way from Sydney to Cape York and back last year without a problem.
I did break the trigger switch a few years ago but that's about it. It probably should have a guard around it.

Cheers
Mick

I fell heavily in a steep gully and the T2 took the brunt of my weight. Nothing on it to indicate such a fall happened. I reckon they are a pretty robust bit of kit. With the lower end of the market though be aware that control boxes may not use as high quality materials...

Latest posts