Equanox 800 Wishfull

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi finally got an hour out on the local beach and took little Miss chatter box with me while Mrs is working.

The beach is sooo quiet I had to recheck every now and the to make sure the nox was still working. Managed to find a lot of ring pulls and flagon and whiskey tops. A few .22 bullet shells. Then I found what I thought was a live.32/20 cartridge but turned out to be an old round nose .303 projectile that someone had pushed into a .32 ( I think ) shell that had been fired but the salt had removed any markings on it.
What was odd was that the .303 was fired from a left hand twist barrel.
After our free time was up we walked back to the car and little Miss picked up a 50 cent piece. :D who needs a metal detector when you have a kid with you.

I love the Nox 800. It's so easy to use. I was finding ring pulls at 12 inches deep and very loud.
If it was a coin you'd certainly pick it up.
Just need a big storm to wash the beach out, far too much sea weed and soft deep sand atm.

1561175042_2019-06-22_13.00.50.jpg
1561175140_2019-06-22_13.14.52.jpg
1561175156_2019-06-22_13.01.13.jpg

Wonder if that piece of case might be from a .310 Martini Cadet? It looks to be a rimmed, straight walled case, with about the correct dimensions judging from the .311 pill in it?

You could be right BC. Been a while since I did any reloading. Kind of lost track of all the dimension specifications. Still got my reloading books somewhere ? Looks too long for a 32/20 anyway.
Just thinking. You could be spot on. The area used to be a firing range for the defence force during ww2 .

What .303's rifles had the left hand twist ? Buggered if I can remember

Range of barrels out there with LH twist, I thought some of those were SMLEs? Pretty popular in Europe. Though apparently not so much with US barrel makers.

Maybe, esp. given that there was a combination of the two companies ('Martini Enfield') in between the Boer War and WWI. That's when the British Empire's troops started to get breech-loading cartridges in .303 cal.

I hope it isnt a childs coffin.

I heard somewhere, or read, that when a cemetery gets too full, they will dig up old graves to put in new coffins...

Maybe the cemetery was bigger in the past, and I have also heard that if not buried deep enough, if there is a lot of ground water
they can pop out of the soil with hydraulic pressure.

Spooky.

Nothing looks scorched, so not likely left overs from cremation

That is freaky Wishfull :( I thought door handles for sure until you mentioned the plaque at rest!

I WAS going to say nice find :8
But now I'd say RETURN IT BACK to its resting place and say 10 Hale Mary's
Then maybe you'll be ok :8

Latest posts