⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally69 said:
8.( grrrrrrrr

Almost to the end with 8 facets to go, struggling with a cat hair scratch, and I did something in frustration that made my stone jump off the dop :8

So I guess this is a before shot.....

Happens to us all at some point :( What are you using for final polish?

Pat Hogen said:
I know someone who will sell you a new cast iron polishing lap - ;)

:Y: Got one of those, i have it parked ATM due to concern I contaminated the inner circle.

Dihusky said:
Wally69 said:
8.( grrrrrrrr

Almost to the end with 8 facets to go, struggling with a cat hair scratch, and I did something in frustration that made my stone jump off the dop :8

So I guess this is a before shot.....

Happens to us all at some point :( What are you using for final polish?

Using my dual polishing special alloy lap with 3,000 + 100,000 diamond to finish it off.

I have either got some contaminated 100,000 or the girdle is spitting some micro-sapphire chips. Could be the latter as it has a tiny bit of orange peel on it. Should have got rid of it earlier but was trying to maximise diameter on this stone.

Had similar problems on some Topaz recently, driving me mad trying to sort it out, looks like its buried something in the pre-polish side of my 1200 sintered flip, just one little bit :mad: and an instant scratch when you run a stone over it! Had to change laps to 3k on copper then 60k on pressed tin which is working well, but like you, I still have to sort the lap that's generating the scratching. Trials and tribulations of facetors :(

:mad: :poop: :awful: :argh: :playful:

I am not going to sleep tonight until I finish this stone, a couple of :beer: s and the courage has been found to get this flying-sapphire sorted.

I am laying it all on the line.....it is the stone or me, only one victor will emerge from the diamond dust tomorrow......... and let it be a :inlove: :gemstone:

Victory.....

1560906743_8eb7df3c-2288-4906-91c2-8acde52a9ea4.jpg

1.8ct central Queensland party sapphire

Gilly47 said:
GOOD lookin stone there Mr 69, gunna dig me some shortly, same place as yourse

ray :gemstone: :gemstone: :pickshovel:

:D Been thinking of your trip and wondering if you had hit the billy boulders yet. I would love to get back up there for a scratch in the dirt.

Good luck Ray
:pickshovel: :gemstone: :pickshovel: :gemstone: :pickshovel: :gemstone:

Well finally got around to sending some stones i dug out Muckinbudin. Some of the higest quality smokey is found at this location and its as simple as just digging the mullock piles. Some nice citrine from this site too . The clear stuff is quarts but the site is known for topaz

High quality smokey quartz, i found , Wheatbelt WA by Marc Russo, on Flickr

citrine i tumbled...
Natural citrine i found in the Wheatbelt WA by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

All cut and came out beautiful by Marc Russo, on Flickr

All cut and came out beautiful by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Latest posts