Panning around Orange

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simeypoo

Michael
Reaction score
Hey, I kinda new to all of this jazz, but I wanted to find a hobby and I heard that around my area there is a fair crack to be had at panning.

Only problem is, the only one I can seem to find is ophir reserve. Just wondering if there are any other places around here, not too far driving, that fossicking isn't prohibited?

Surely there would have to be something about.

Cheers.

can't go wrong at Ophir, its everywhere. Or the Turon river, Stuart Town common, Mookera.

Both Blayney shire and Cabonne are now fossicking areas. A google of fossicking areas in NSW will give you more info, sorry I can't post links below 10 posts

Regards,
Tote

Thanks totes... Tote.

I have done several google searches for areas to go, but all they seem to come up with is tourist information and "Things to do around Orange."

Even the map linked to the page where you buy your licence was a bit vague. It showed ONE area that it insisted was allowed (and looking at the location i dare say it was Ophir) but I am fairly certain i read on one that Kinross park was also allowed, but it wasn't on the map.

Went out today, had a bit of a go. Not sure how much I have, haven't cleaned it all properly yet... but hopefully there is something hey?

Was about as useful as screen doors on a submarine.
But I am planning to have another go on Saturday before work, if they all quit after one failed attempt there would have been no gold rush hey?

Have you had any luck recently mate? Looking at heading over to Orange or Oberon tomorrow for a quick pan just trying to find a good place

I haven't, no.
You can read up on all the different things t look for and all the places you should go that you should definitely find something, but putting that all into practice is proving too hard for me haha.
I was going to go have another walk around tomorrow before work, i might catch you out there?

Hit up Ophir Reserve, just did the creek and went for a walk. Will definitely be back as there is so much potential unfortunately I only have a go find so not going to find gold with that set up haha. Did find some nice quartz crystal and some good pyrite specimens. How did you go mate?

Yesterday, Ophir
1564952377_20190804_102711.jpg

I didn't end up going out. Got called in to work early, I figured the money was slightly more important.

Congrats gimp! decent haul there.

Gimp, bloody hell mate that's alright aye. Panning or detecting? Roughly where abouts is a decent place to start looking out there

Not mine, a mates usual haul for a day panning Ophir.Anywhere away from the main Xing. Dig in the creek for grey clay amongst the big slabs.

Latest posts