My attempt at a river sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day,
Thought I'd share my little river sluice I've knocked up and pop my first post cherry at the same time.
I've done a heap of late nights infront of the computer browsing through the posts on here, awesome stuff! ?
So with all the information I've harvested, i decided to have a crack at one. I'm only new to prospecting, about 4 weeks experience to be exact (that doesn't include the reading and youtube videos). But really enjoying it.

So with the sluice i've decided to run the mini ribbed matting the whole length of the sluice with a removable piece at the mouth and made 2 small miners moss sections that can be moved or removed and are held in place by the riffles that i folded up at work. On it's maiden voyage it did catch gold, not as much as i was expecting, but after panning out my tailings it became obvious that i wasn't allowing the matts to clear before loading it again. Its all part of the learning hey!
Cheers!
1552197047_20190310_162654.jpg
1552197082_20190310_162810.jpg
1552197106_20190310_162853.jpg

Well I must say you have done very well. :perfect: ... That looks like a store-bought one... Now you have to get out and use it...
When you do, bring back some wash to put through at home and 'practice' using a small Bilge pump and a re-circulating system .... You can also use some small bits of Lead painted Gold or any colour you like to hone your skills... And that way your set-up times will be very short instead of mucking around with the correct angle and flows out in the bush...

LW....

Nice work Greenhorn,fantastic job on the sluice and some nice chunky little bits of gold as well. :trophy:

Nice looking sluice box there greenhorn. It does look like a quality looking store bought model. Hey and it works. Well done

Latest posts