Is this a meteorite?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1560538316_crazy.jpg

Gravity said:
Looks the goods but could also be fossilized Dinosaur dun, I would be happy with both outcomes :D

April 1st 2019.

In / out / on the back yard. 1.782 kg. Decapitated by Farming Implement.
The Slasher.

Stoned & Ironed out.
1560536677_m1.jpg

1560536717_m2s.jpg

1560537597_m3s.jpg

1560537737_m7s.jpg

1560536771_m4s.jpg\

1560536891_m5s.jpg

Hi Mojito,
Im an avid meteorite hunter, from the United States... , your rock does not look like a meteorite, but pictures are not the best resource. Put a window in it, or slice it open with a rock saw, and look for nickel iron flakes in it. There is a lot of info on putting a window in a meteorite..
Dave

First Geo thought it may be a form of Granitite but things from out of this World is not his forte.Gave it 50% chance from outer space.
Second Geo used words like Basalt Bundi , Flow Blended,Granitite Surpace, Crackel Breccia, Plagio Clase,Calcium Felspar.
It does seem to have heat shrinkage lines.Burn`t Crust.Heated incoming skid pad.Some magnetic attraction and a Nth / South Pole Polarity.
Tried to grind a window but the thing is harder than anything i`ve tried to resurface..
PS; please excuse the spelling of the Geo terms i have no idea of that terminology.
Whether they were blown out of a volcano.
Squeezed out of a fault crack or washed down an ancient river bed.
No idea.