West Australia - Pending leases

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, something I haven't found an answer to yet and I hope it's not obvious and I've missed it - We can prospect on pending leases, but when does a lease go live and how long do I have? How do I know if the week I'm out swinging the detector the lease goes live?

From a layman regarding WA great question PT :Y: I'm sure it's been answered more than once. Have you tried the search icon top left, you'll be surprised how many questions have been raised and answered to reflect the state legislation according to the date of the post.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Tim,

As far as I know you just have to check the status each day to make sure. If you check last thing on a Friday you should be right till at least Monday morning.

Cheers

Doug
Ouch what if I'm out of phone range and can't?

Perth Tim said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Tim,

As far as I know you just have to check the status each day to make sure. If you check last thing on a Friday you should be right till at least Monday morning.

Cheers

Doug

I believe the onus is on yourself to make sure you can. It's your responsibility to know if you can or can't be somewhere & there are means in this day to do so. If you can't check then you probably shouldn't be there.

Before you go out of range check the date that it became a pending lease. It usually takes 6 months or more for it to go live. So if it has only been pending for a month or so you should be OK.

All depends also on the person who put in the lease application. I know of one in the north of the state that the applicant will not agree with the local indigenous group so it will probably stay pending for a lot longer. Someone else has now placed a lease application over part of it.

Cheers

Doug

Ded Driver said:
If you're on a pending lease when it goes live, the lease holder is sure to be there soon & let you know to pack up & move out. :8

By the sounds of it we can bank on this example if the only ground you cover is WA and fair call to :Y:

Perth Tim said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Tim,

Cheers

Doug
Tim you dont need to be in phone range with happy prospector - its a gps based app that will work .

Danny13 said:
Perth Tim said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Tim,

Cheers

Doug
Tim you dont need to be in phone range with happy prospector - its a gps based app that will work .

Yes but you still need service to update the data. I use this app regularly to ensure that I am in the correct lease.

1560512688_screenshot_20190614-194221.jpg

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts