working on a victorian fossil book

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting the yellow said:
update about half way done been busy with other projects ive found multiple fossil locations Flowerdale clounbinane Wandong Kinglake Kilmore east just to name a few have done huge amount of foot work walking up and down hills to find more sites. just getting photos and GPS plots finished and slowly putting all the info together.
Keep in mind that there are large areas of National Park (and regional park) at Wandong, Kinglake West, Flowerdale. It should not be a problem as there are many fossil sites outside those areas (in fact, virtually all that I used to collect at are outside). The big swing in strike in that area means that all rock units that occur within those areas also occur outside them.

Hunting the yellow said:
update about half way done been busy with other projects ive found multiple fossil locations Flowerdale clounbinane Wandong Kinglake Kilmore east just to name a few have done huge amount of foot work walking up and down hills to find more sites. just getting photos and GPS plots finished and slowly putting all the info together.

Interesting that you mention these places. I've got a property in Eden Park which is about 24 kms from Wandong. In Grants road there is a cutting that I have often seen what looks like young adult students with notepads and pens being lead along as somebody points out things as they take notes. I assume they were interested in the Geology of its many layers, as along the side of my place just up the road in Second avenue, I once found a rock in the table drain on the side of the road that had what looked like the fossil of a small Trilobite in it.

Latest posts