WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vid Wal,again.
Im keen to get back out digging,
I need to go out hunting with you two some time,so you can show me what Im doing so wrong,lol
Anyway thanks for inspiring my lazy ass.
Cheers
Ryan

Good one WaLnLiz , Went to your channel last week and watched some of your vids, waiting for more to be posted.
Cheers ,
Eugene

Over here in BC there are a lot of regulations regarding mining. We are not allowed to go near the rivers here with a highbanker, let alone a dredge. We have to be 30m from the shore unless panning. Nice haul though, makes me wish I was on the gold when I was there instead of the VB and shielas. :D

We are getting extremely regulated over here in OZZ as well Ryan, and dredges have now been banned for quite some time. It's only a matter of time before the "Greenies" have our areas restricted to the point where prospecting becomes a thing of the past.

Hate to think what it will be like for our kids and grand kids, They may have to just rely on National Geographic "historical documentaries" to see how their grand parents enjoyed the pioneering spirit.....just a shame i say. :(

Cheers Wal.

G'day Dave,

Probably about a cubic meter of flood type gravel, and maybe about a dozen buckets of brushed concentrate from the bottom of 3 different crevices. One of the crevices held quite a bit of "Visible" gold which kept the adrenalin in overdrive.

Cheers Wal.

Vorseth said:
Holy crap! why isnt there more comments on this! Amazing! thanks for posting!!

I think Wal posted the video elsewhere (on another topic) around the same time, because I do remember a discussion being had about it and vaguely remember myself commenting on it as well. Either way, what a bloody ripper of a weekend mate :eek:

Nice one Wal and Liz, with the lack of rain up here in the central West even the mighty Turon river has stopped flowing, only small pools from underground water - pretty shocking to see it like that. Loved the gold for the days effort too - cant wait to watch more of your vids with my kids.
Take care
Matt & Kylie

Excellent vid again Wal&Liz. You guys seem to make things happen which is great. Loved all your vids and looking forward to meeting you guys next weekend :D

Copper said:
Nice one Wal and Liz, with the lack of rain up here in the central West even the mighty Turon river has stopped flowing, only small pools from underground water - pretty shocking to see it like that. Loved the gold for the days effort too - cant wait to watch more of your vids with my kids.
Take care
Matt & Kylie

Pity about the Turon Matt, as it's one of my favorite sniping streams and never lets us down. Got to keep the fingers crossed that some good rain is on the horizon.

Cheers Wal.

gavfromoz said:
Excellent vid again Wal&Liz. You guys seem to make things happen which is great. Loved all your vids and looking forward to meeting you guys next weekend :D

Looking forward to Nundle Gav, and hoping we get a shower or two before we get there. Leaving the banker at home and relying on the goggles and crevicing gear to scratch out a bit of colour. See you up there next week mate,

Cheers Wal.

G'Day WalnLiz

Excellent work - both the video and the gold. The video looks like you were on the Shoalhaven. Thats a great stream and can always turn up some nice stuff if, like you say, you can read a stream.

Araluen

It's the Shoalhaven mate ;) and summer is the time to check it out. Some good pockets for those who don't mind a swim.

Cheers Wal.

ryanonthevedder said:
Over here in BC there are a lot of regulations regarding mining. We are not allowed to go near the rivers here with a highbanker, let alone a dredge. We have to be 30m from the shore unless panning. Nice haul though, makes me wish I was on the gold when I was there instead of the VB and shielas. :D
You could always come back down here. We dont mind even if you guys do talk funny :D

Great video WalnLiz thats some nice gold for the time put in well done. you have just opened up a whole new way of prospecting for me and i thank you both!!! A lot of the creeks i want to prospect in my area would be perfect for snorkelling :D

YellowFever said:
Great video WalnLiz thats some nice gold for the time put in well done. you have just opened up a whole new way of prospecting for me and i thank you both!!! A lot of the creeks i want to prospect in my area would be perfect for snorkelling :D

If you have the right sort of creeks in your area give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised with the results. ;)

All the very best of luck with it mate,

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts