Pulse Induction On A Budget?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys , buy a new QED without a shaft and coil for 1200 ish ,,plenty of used Commander 11 monos for $50
Or 8 monos for $100
Put it on a wooden broom stick
And actually very easy to use

Big Advantages are.
The simplicity of 2 18650 batterys
So Frickn light its not funny
Any future software upgrades are Free

A new current model detector like this beats the hell out of an older SD or GP for Value

10fp said:
Guys , buy a new QED without a shaft and coil for 1200 ish ,,plenty of used Commander 11 monos for $50
Or 8 monos for $100

Big Advantages are.

A new current model detector like this beats the hell out of an older SD or GP for Value
Thanks for info will go and do a bit of research on them :Y:

kicksome said:
Hi there no I haven't been in contact with anyone from the Maldon gold centre, I actually thought he was closing down?
But he might be worth a call.

I have thought long and hard about this, but I am going to say it anyway, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHOP. It has taken me the best part of this year to get my money back after purchasing a detector from this guy over the phone. I had to resort to a credit card chargeback from Visa to regain my money after he blatantly ripped me off. I would hate to see anyone else get stung by this so and so... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah fair call Rock, even seeing their Google reviews it has a rating of about 2/5. A fair few unhappy customers by the look of it

Mate I can't say what I would like to say, but yeah...those reviews are spot on I can tell you. Anyway mate hope you find a good buy soon, I do know where there is a really good gp extreme for sale but its a little dearer than the ones mentioned here.

rockdev said:
Mate I can't say what I would like to say, but yeah...those reviews are spot on I can tell you. Anyway mate hope you find a good buy soon, I do know where there is a really good gp extreme for sale but its a little dearer than the ones mentioned here.
Thanks mate I'm looking at an older sd2000 tomorrow, not sure if it's been modded or not but I'll find out I guess. They have $700 on it then minus my whites GMT for trade-in. See how we go hey :)

10fp said:
Or 8 monos for $100

Big Advantages are.

Great idea.

I can provide an aluminium antenna shaft for free if anyone wants one.

Howard has some updates in the works. Months off at this stage as its in the development stage. I wont mention them here but wow! The support network for these is unmatched and who else offer ongoing free updates for their models?

Will PM you in a bit kicksome.

You made me lol then A.D. Minelab actually provide ongoing free updates for the Equinox, CTX and GPZ. All downloadable over the net.

But yes, Howard does seem to have some good adaptions in the wings and should make a good thing even better :Y:

Northeast said:
Will PM you in a bit kicksome.

You made me lol then A.D. Minelab actually provide ongoing free updates for the Equinox, CTX and GPZ. All downloadable over the net.

But yes, Howard does seem to have some good adaptions in the wings and should make a good thing even better :Y:

Well thanks NE, i was sure id get away with that one even if i didnt know if it were correct or not! :8

Ive been following this post with interest and it has stimulated some research of my own.
There is a good read when you google
Difference Between Minelab SD, GP, & GPX
By Steve Herschbach of Detectorprospector.com
Says the GP Extreme had some quality problems which you should be aware of if considering to buy one.
Cheers

kicksome said:
Hi everyone i'm not sure if this is in the right section but im looking for a bit of guidance. I'm new to gold detecting and am quite enjoying it - I purchased a 2nd hand White's GMT goldmaster VLF machine for cheap just to make sure that I enjoy the hobby before making the big jump into a hefty priced PI machine. Now my predicament is; I'm finding the VLF very frustrating in the highly mineralized ground where I live (Bendigo VIC) It's very chatty and i'm finding it hard to distinguish between hot/cold rocks and actual targets. Most who I have talked to suggest going PI. So therefore I'm considering selling my GMT and buying a cheap PI unit. But with having 2 small kids and a mortgage and all that garbage I am on a rather tight budget. I wouldn't mind getting some more expert opinions on a good cheap PI machine that I could purchase. I would like something rather user friendly, and like I said, the more budget friendly the better :)
So far from my little bit of research, I've come across a few of these which seem to be in my price range. (2nd hand)

Whites TDI pro
Minelab sd 2000/2100 (No auto ground balance?)
Minelab GP Extreme

possibly QED if I could stretch it. But maybe not so user friendly?

If you had to pick one of these, which way would you go? All opinions welcome!
Thanks again

Hi mate,
I have a Whites TDI oz series pro you can take for a swing if you would like to see if you like them it's not forsale but atleast you can try it out.

I brought it as my first detector before upgrading to the gpx4500 they are a very capable detector once you work them out.

grpatrbo said:
kicksome said:
Hi everyone i'm not sure if this is in the right section but im looking for a bit of guidance. I'm new to gold detecting and am quite enjoying it - I purchased a 2nd hand White's GMT goldmaster VLF machine for cheap just to make sure that I enjoy the hobby before making the big jump into a hefty priced PI machine. Now my predicament is; I'm finding the VLF very frustrating in the highly mineralized ground where I live (Bendigo VIC) It's very chatty and i'm finding it hard to distinguish between hot/cold rocks and actual targets. Most who I have talked to suggest going PI. So therefore I'm considering selling my GMT and buying a cheap PI unit. But with having 2 small kids and a mortgage and all that garbage I am on a rather tight budget. I wouldn't mind getting some more expert opinions on a good cheap PI machine that I could purchase. I would like something rather user friendly, and like I said, the more budget friendly the better :)
So far from my little bit of research, I've come across a few of these which seem to be in my price range. (2nd hand)

Whites TDI pro
Minelab sd 2000/2100 (No auto ground balance?)
Minelab GP Extreme

possibly QED if I could stretch it. But maybe not so user friendly?

If you had to pick one of these, which way would you go? All opinions welcome!
Thanks again

Hi mate,
I have a Whites TDI oz series pro you can take for a swing if you would like to see if you like them it's not forsale but atleast you can try it out.

I brought it as my first detector before upgrading to the gpx4500 they are a very capable detector once you work them out.
Thanks for the offer mate but i'm not sure if i'll take you up on it though - if this one falls through today i'll have a good think about it. Almost started to lean away from the whites tdi pro though

Dignit said:
Ive been following this post with interest and it has stimulated some research of my own.
There is a good read when you google
Difference Between Minelab SD, GP, & GPX
By Steve Herschbach of Detectorprospector.com
Says the GP Extreme had some quality problems which you should be aware of if considering to buy one.
Cheers

Yeah i provided Kicksome with that article by PM a few days ago. Great read.

Well I am now the proud owner of a minelab sd2000! Talked them down to $650 and got a $300 trade in for my whites GMT (what I paid for it originally) so I'm happy enough with that. It's un-modded unfortunately so that will be my next venture with it, get Woody to work his magic.
Seems in good condition for an older machine. It came with a harness headphones and even a spare battery but it might be a dud.
I went to jaycar to look for a little external speaker but there wasn't any there, so I'll probably hit up eBay. Any recommendations for a half decent one is welcome.

Big thanks to everyone who added to the thread and PM'd me with information about helping me make my choice. Its a very friendly community and Im grateful for the guidance. :perfect:

Latest posts