Eldorado/Beechworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokey you can get all along the creek in reedy creek off woolshed road, it's rare in large pieces but thumb size are semi common, mostly water warn but the occasional edged one.

Amethyst supposedly to but I haven't found any yet there, in the creek at least anyway.

Tom

Hey TFK, ive also found smokies up there in reedy , only one had faces to it and a few matchhead sapphires. My best advice would be to bank, bank and bank then bank some more and check the tailings unless youve got a walbanker because the gold youll get should outweigh the rest.

Blue

1438607266_image.jpg

1438674026_photo0204.jpg

Piece of smokey/citrine next to a twenty cent piece I picked a fair while ago up below Woolshed.

Have found a couple of amethyst in the creek near Eldorado but not many.

Hi Im heading down to Eldorado and Beechworth in Victoria and my question was if anyone knew where to dig for amethyst crystals? :D

There was a place on the north side of Woolshed rd up in the hills. Never been there myself but was told it was off Reedy Cr rd. I believe it was all filled in. best to ask in Eldorado as one of the old timers might know or could direct you to someone that would. Its quite rugged and we have had a lot of rain so take care.

Araluen

Latest posts