Rhino Cargo Boxes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone using the Rhino Cargo Boxes which are available from Bunnings as a rooftop box and if so what is your experience with them. they are Aussie made and I'm considering getting one.
Thanks in advance
1559812818_image.jpg

Yes manpa, we have several. Qty 3 780 x 380 x380 trunks for clothes that are loaded into the ute and camper trailer, qty 2 900 x 550 x 400 trunks for camper annex tarps and kitchen gear that sit on top of the camper and qty 2 780 x 380 x 380 trunks for stove and chainsaw etc that are loaded onto the ute roof rack.

We put the ute in for a service down in Albany last year and the apprentice hoisted the ute up a bit too high. One of the trunks on the roof rack hit the shed roof and got a small dent in it but other than the noticeable dent, no water leaks or seal damage done. :perfect:

We recommend them. :Y: The smaller ones with our general clothing sit nicely into the camper trailer where the collapsible table sits. We left the table at home as we hardly ever used it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks DD and Doug, might just find myself with a couple of them. I want one to go on my rooftop basket, mainly for those items that get used rarely, but need to be carried.
Cheers

Hi Manpa, I have the Pelican version and from what I can tell they are a much of a muchness.

The thing bounces around in the back of my ute with all my trapping gear in it. It gets used as a seat, a stool to stand on, a bench to fix crap on and any number of other uses.

Has been left out in the rain and doesn't seem to leak plus seems to keep out the WA dust. They are brilliant.

I've seen Doug and Carols and the amazing amount of stuff they squeeze into thiers... It's like the Tardis.

Rummaging around in the shed I found a small galv toolbox (750 x 460 x 330)I used to have mounted on my verandah for couriers to put parcels in when I worked from home many years ago and it slotted nicely into the roof basket so I cleaned it up, put some weather seals on the lid and mounted that.
I'll give that a run out in the weather and rain and see if stays dry, if it does I'll make do with that for a while, saved a few hundred bucks.

Latest posts