What food would You take camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did most of that today Wishful..

Just got to go back over my tool box..

Plus change a globe in the van..

Thinking I have packed to much tho...

Will get all my washing dry tomorrow ..

Goody :)

Take into consideration what you normally eat.
What I do.
I have two fridges when the Van is in tow running on 12v while being towed.
I also have a car fridge. A Bushman.
Look at how long before top ups for food and water.
Take into consideration easy meals to prepare on a small gas stove.
I freeze, Carry enough to last 3 days more than I need just in case something
goes wrong like flooding, Break Downs, Extended stays etc.
Emergency rations like cans of soup, Cup of Soups, Noodles stc.
But watch the salt content.

Also think about what could happen if one fridge stuffs up like my van fridge on 240v just did.
Carry plenty of water.
2 flat packs of bottled spring water as a backup is fine.

Nothing beats a nice fresh hot meal after a tiring day.
And a few liquid refreshments. Most important.

goody2shoes said:
Will pick up some beer and meat along the way...

Oye, Beer first, Camping gear second, :beer: :perfect: :party:

Hey Goody, ya know I give lessons about this kind of thing, It's all about priorities and standards and stuff, Oh yeah and the beer, :Y: :flowers:

for me the best bit of traveling around is finding the local butchers and getting samples of their finest (bringing back fine memories :drooling: )

heres a mexican steak we cooked at lakes entrance :cool:

1559859281_p1020501.jpg

1559859282_p1020502.jpg

1559859282_p1020503.jpg

1559859282_p1020512.jpg

1559859282_p1020515.jpg

ctxkid said:

That's a beautiful Cut of Meat you got there CT, Bought a piece of beef here last week and it was pumped full of water to make the weight up, Stuck in it the pan and the water came out and mixed with the oil and then it started spitting like crazy, I just could not get it to go brown, Sort of turned a grey colour and had no taste what so ever, One of my work boots would of had more flavour, Lol, ]:D ]:D

Ridge Runner said:
Bought a piece of beef here last week and it was pumped full of water to make the weight up, Stuck in it the pan and the water came out and mixed with the oil and then it started spitting like crazy, I just could not get it to go brown, Sort of turned a grey colour and had no taste what so ever, One of my work boots would of had more flavour, Lol, ]:D ]:D
now that sux :awful:

tis why i track down where the locals go, and don't usually buy super market meat :Y:

ctxkid said:
Ridge Runner said:
Bought a piece of beef here last week and it was pumped full of water to make the weight up, Stuck in it the pan and the water came out and mixed with the oil and then it started spitting like crazy, I just could not get it to go brown, Sort of turned a grey colour and had no taste what so ever, One of my work boots would of had more flavour, Lol, ]:D ]:D
now that sux :awful:

tis why i track down where the locals go, and don't usually buy super market meat :Y:

Another thing they do here is remove all the fat and then lay chunks of suet type stuff on the outside and when you go to cook it it all falls off either in the pan or on the worktop and when it cooks it looks like a melted dish sponge and tastes Yuck.

I have only found one proper piece of meat here back a couple of years ago, And that bit I had last week I cooked it in with a spoon full of vegemite just t try and make it taste like beef, Things are pretty bad when you have to resort to those type of things and it wasn't cheap either.

Caravan is just about packed...

Have done my washing and it is flapping on the clothes line,

Good wind so should not take long to dry..

Just about to re wash my eski ...

Latest posts