Is this a cutter?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found in a deep bedrock crevice in grey clay.

I think it is garnet, but not sure. Would this be a cut-able size? It seems incredibly clear and rich. What sort of price would it fetch? Anything to get excited about?

Baz.

6eXB0oh.jpg

Sandbagger said:
Found in a deep bedrock crevice in grey clay.

I think it is garnet, but not sure. Would this be a cut-able size? It seems incredibly clear and rich. What sort of price would it fetch? Anything to get excited about?

Baz.

https://i.imgur.com/6eXB0oh.jpg?1

If you do get it cut keep a round end and drill in from the opposite side stick a globe in it and incorporate it into one of your masterpieces, it'll look pretty cool at night :Y:. As for is it a cutter and it's value I'm of no help.

Looks like the goods to me from that picture :Y: send a pm to Lefty or Wally69 I reckon there your starting point for qualified opinion.

Very nice coloured stone there Baz, it looks like a zircon to me.

Cuttable quality? yes, although due to its small size, cutting cost would exceed cut value. Yield would be about 1/3 of current size.

Cabbing may be a better yielding option. I can imagine it as a nice red dome set as an eye on a dragon ring.

....... or ...... perhaps you could use it to make a cylon warrior mini figure.

There's a lass in Vic who makes some awesome jewellery from un-cut stones, casting them in place in rings etc. Waiting for her to come to Qld so we can do the course, it'll be perfect for stuff like that, we've go a bunch as well.

Dihusky said:
There's a lass in Vic who makes some awesome jewellery from un-cut stones, casting them in place in rings etc. Waiting for her to come to Qld so we can do the course, it'll be perfect for stuff like that, we've go a bunch as well.
Hey there ! Could you direct me to the lovely lady who provides this course?

Latest posts