Gippsland Detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been at the hobby since June this year.
Using a minelab 305. Also have the 705 (for use in the triangle - no luck yet) and am looking on upgrading to a SDC2300

I have a few sites that I go back to every 4 weeks.
Enjoying the hobby so far... good exercise with a cash reward at the end (sometimes)

1544665455_21st_sep.jpg

1544665474_coin_spill.jpg

1544665492_23rd_aug_4.jpg

G'day BoolaraHack,
Great too see some of those awesome finds.
Have you tried using a pinpointer and probe when searching for modern coins just below the surface?

Good job, I've only been detecting since the start of the year but you're comparatively thrashing it on the big silvers - I've not come across more threepences than you can count on one hand and a single sixpence; no shillings or florins yet. That's a sick goldie spill too!

goldtrapper said:
G'day BoolaraHack,
Great too see some of those awesome finds.
Have you tried using a pinpointer and probe when searching for modern coins just below the surface?

Haven't got one yet.
But I've been dropping enough hints for the fat bastard in Red

Some nice coins and relics in there. Good work. The minelab profind 35 is the go! I got a profind 15 and it works great but keeps getting water and mud in it. Worth getting a waterproof one.

Welcome to the forum Boolarrahack nice collection you have there. You will find a lot of good info on here .
Get enough posts up then pop me a pm as I also live in boolarra
Jim

Just over the hill from you folks. Never knew there was some Local members.

Congrats on your oldest silver, I suspect the ground is pretty hard on a lot places at the moment - so damned hot. :D

Nice old silvers! If you download the reduce photo size app then crop your photos they'll come out a lot better.

Latest posts