Gemorama 2019..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made plans for another venue in case something like this happened... Better to be prepared I say, and lucky We did... :koala:

Now for the Monday Field Trip........ :party: TINGHA is where We are off too.. :party:
... im not too sure exactly where at Tingha... :rolleyes: Sounds like another Mystery Trip... :lol: But with a nice Pub and Cold Beer... :beer:

Digging for Crystals I have been told.... I have never been to this particular Location before but after the Recent Bushfires, should be quite interesting what will be found...

Can't wait, first 'Dig' for quite some time for Me.... See you there.. Bring ya woollies, Its Cold down there ATM.. 40% chance of Snow last night :| .... :koala:

LW....

AAARRRGGGHHHH would have loved to go I enjoy the different discoveries down that way but just returned from rubyvale area with some saphs and wife just getting over pneumonia. Good luck good weather for a dig.

Hey Lonewolf,
I would have loved to come down but the logistics of having a young fella and a wife that just got full time work have grounded me.... and I had just got acclimatised to sub-zero temperatures after a week working in the hills of Cootamundra.
Next year. :Y:
Marty

Woo hoo, half a sleep to go. Getting up at 3 in the morning for the drive. Hopefully meet up with "Rockrat" tom in the Stannifer area for a first dig of the weekend. First proper father son trip so can't wait. See you sat LW.

LoneWolf said:
We made plans for another venue in case something like this happened... Better to be prepared I say, and lucky We did... :koala:

Now for the Monday Field Trip........ :party: TINGHA is where We are off too.. :party:
... im not too sure exactly where at Tingha... :rolleyes: Sounds like another Mystery Trip... :lol: But with a nice Pub and Cold Beer... :beer:

Digging for Crystals I have been told.... I have never been to this particular Location before but after the Recent Bushfires, should be quite interesting what will be found...

Can't wait, first 'Dig' for quite some time for Me.... See you there.. Bring ya woollies, Its Cold down there ATM.. 40% chance of Snow last night :| .... :koala:

LW....

If you get out to Stannifer, JELLY BEAN JUNCTION will be open, old tin mining relics, maps and info for fossicking around Stannifer.
Has nice display of crystals found in that area plus numerous bits and pieces for lapidary work.
On the main road through Stannifer. Good luck to all who are going, you will have a great time. RR
Got the kangaroo at the moment, so can't get out, but then again............

Here are a few pics that I managed to get sent to me...
1560418469_62340840_2218796788204066_7053476729813204992_n.jpg

1560418499_62260964_10217920653342474_2497567201096105984_o.jpg

1560418539_62536346_2218797094870702_7813932085780938752_n.jpg

1560418568_62433851_10217920651422426_2710712898849603584_o.jpg

LW...

.. ... We have 2 more mines to find on the same property (there are 5 in total), so im sure there is plenty more for the next 10yrs.... Its scattered everywhere.. Im waiting for a video to be sent to me of the Massive Galena Nuggets being broken open... Its on the Gemorama Facebook site, for those who have it...

1560418896_62264717_10156216904417109_1958215717849399296_n.jpg

LW....

Hey LW, picture this. I rock up to the sign in table and introduce myself to Bob. "Hey mate stoked to be here but I'm keen to meet this fellow that calls himself Lone Wolf". Well his head goes back, his head goes forward into his hands. His head starts shaking then his shoulders start shaking then he lifts his face and tells me the story of your car troubles. To this day I don't know if he was laughing or crying. :lol: . What he did do though was tell everyone around how big a part you played in finding the local for the day, so thank you mate and sorry you didn't make it. I had tyre troubles on the way out and a broken phone from the day before but had a ball none the less. More importantly for me my son loved it. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Sorry Squint, I just found this.... :lol: ...
Yes lots of Research done by Me, and lots of leg work by Bob... It was fun finding a place and then sending Bob out to find it... :koala:

I have since been down twice and have located other places for Gemorama 2020.... Stay Tuned....

If You want to visit there or if any one else wants to visit BEFORE Gemorama 2020, Send Me a PM and I will arrange your Visit... :pickshovel:

May even organise a PA Meet-up when it warms up if anyone is interested??

LW....

Always Ray, After this years event im sure our numbers will only grow... Everyone who attended this year had so much fun and a lot were newbies to Fossicking and are returning next year...

That's part of the whole idea, is to introduce newbies to the Fun of Fossicking... and finding stuff, instead of Not finding stuff like a lot of other events around the area..

The Property visited this year has enough Goodies to last quite a few more years yet, and we are doing some more ground work to find more locations on the same property...

There is no better joy seeing a young one find their first Crystal or Mineral.... The look on their faces is worth it all....

Funding for next year has also increased by a generous Glen Innes Shire Council....

... So that means Gemorama is only going to get bigger and better as time goes on....

A few more Traders are also getting interested in attending next year as our numbers grow as well....

LW..... :pickshovel:

Might have to do a bit of Tree branch trimming if you want to bring Lizzie in Dihusky.... How tall is She?

That's our next job, widening the tracks... Not every-one likes the Bush Pinstripe..... :)

LW.....

Latest posts