NF Evolution Coils Reviews

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old hand said:
A friend had a new 25 dd out last week on a new 4500 running it in normal and he was amazed how quiet it run ,he rang me to tell me :Y:
Hey John
That sounds really interesting and very promising.
I expect to get a 15 or 19 when released.
But Id still like to know the technological explanation of how it is achieved. I just like to know how things work. Cheers

I doubt Rohan will be giving away his technical details freely Dignit but I suspect the secret is in getting the right balance for the use of spiral windings & the central overlapping (detection field) that allows an increase in sensitivity (from the spiral windings) but still maintains or enhances the typical ground/EMI handling abilities of a DD coil.
Of course you could always pull one apart to check how they're made & what overlap is used :p

Dont want the secret recipe. Just curious about the technology. No manufacturer explains it very well so it is difficult to make an educated decision in what you are buying for your money. All you can do is buy one and give it a try, which I feel is less than customer focused.

I was at NF a few weeks ago Rohan did tell me what the different is on the new coils it went in one ear and out the other. My friend that was using the 25 DD asked me the same question ,so I spoke to Rohan again he did tell me again . But at the end of the day all that matters is that the coils do what they are made to do, get more depth handle bad ground and run quiet .DD were the only coils we used in the early SD days but with the improvement in detectors and mono coils has made mono coils a go to coil , DD coils can be used in most grounds but its the same as any coil adjust settings to the coil and conditions regards john :Y:

Latest posts