Lost engagement ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after 2 1/2 hours we had coved the site will no luck the young lady was not sure where she had lost her ring so that did not help the site had a lot trash and some goog deep target singnals but not dug We did come home with a few cions and cars I got $3.14 and two threepences and 3 cars as well as some trash bum no ring :(

1558748339_20190525_112124-600x1067.jpg

Years ago I was often called to locate 'lost' rings and the stories behind them were sometimes quite interesting.
Turns out in a lot of cases they were 'lost' after a marital argument or similar and rings were thrown out the back door or wherever the argument occurred.
Most times I found the said items and was amazed how far some ladies could throw their rings.
I guess I found more than a dozen rings in those circumstances with many more on the beach.
One interesting one was a couple who had met later in life. He was a farmer west of Toowoomba. It was the first time he had ever worn a wedding ring given to him by his new bride and he managed to lose it off his combine harvester in the middle of a 100+ acre paddock. A little daunting?
After discussions I figured he must have lost it climbing off the harvester to clear stuck rubble. There were little piles of it all over the paddock.
I worked out that where he climbed down to where the piles of stubble were was about 3 meters or so.
Believe it or not I had only checked a few piles near the middle of the paddock when I found his ring. They were elated. Talk about luck.

There was a lady who built a new house and set about planting around 100 shrubs. Her ring vanished sometime during planting. She planted them in an orderly fashion so I started off where she began planting and checked every plant.
You guessed it... I found the ring under the very last plant she had put in... O:)

So many stories, so many memories.