Happy Prospector App information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of talk about The Happy Prospector app, but has anyone heard of or use the IGIS program? Its free. Its in the App Store, not available for android. This was given to me by a lease holder in WA. I havent used it yet on my iPad in WA, just playing around with it on the east coast, but it does work and can check out tenements in WA. Map is very basic, but I use it in sat mode. Shows you all the tenements and your position. Not too difficult to set up, you just need Dropbox to download the tenements data from DMP, setup a IGIS folder in Dropbox then open IGIS and follow the menu to load the data. There is a subscription for it which gives you much more functionality, but works without it for what we want it for.

Ill try and explain; this is for iPad. - means click on

Firstly, you have to have Dropbox then create a folder e.g. IGIS, in Dropbox, this is where you download the tenement data from DMP to. I Cant add the link, but when you go to DMP data centre - statewide spatial datasets - tenements - esri shape file - open in Dropbox and put it in IGIS folder.

Open IGIS and - folder icon bottom left - + to import data from Dropbox.

Back to main screen on bottom left - + to create project and then save this will open up settings - add new layer - polygon, in here you will find the tenements - polygon, and play around with settings to how you want to see the tenements, then save - done.

All done. Open up project you saved and find all the tenements loaded on.

Repeat the above to import other data from DMP e.g. mines and mineral deposits (MINEDEX) found under statewide spatial datasets - mineral information. In IGIS this is found/setup in layer type - point.

Hope this all makes sense as I burnt a few brain cells doing it. :)

My lovely wife just found the link for WA Tenements Online by Blue Apps. They are the maker of the Happy Prospector. This loads up when you have internet and gives you more info than The Happy Prospector App but easier to use than Tengraph Online. Just remember that it is not as good as Tengraph but is more user friendlier.

1566275035_screenshot_20190820-121825-800x600.jpg

The link is available on The Happy Prospector Facebook page.

I have only looked at it for a couple of minutes last night so if you have any questions you might be better of just searching the page yourself or ask The Happy Prospector.

Cheers

Doug

Hi,anyone on here using happy prospector app.
If so is anyone around mandurah,pinjarra area willing to show me how it works on my tablet ,
Cheers :

Ive had app for about a year and find it is great to check whether your on a tenanment or not.
A quick question
Can I also transfer to my MacBook and if so how do I do it?
Regards
Old Fella

Welcome to the forum.

The happy prospector is crap, I use Australian Geological Travel Maps, way more info and faster.

Cheers.

Sorry to revive an old thread but the App seems to be no longer available for iOS devices?
Am I missing something ?
Thanks.

Latest posts