Tesoro is this the end.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to get back how good were some of the units , the TEJON can find gold on many of our fields .
Bad ground will defeat it but on the average dirt it's OK .

The trick is to not to run it on all metal listening to the threshold as you will be overwhelmed with signals ! :eek: switch it to the lowest silent dist level after the initial first ground balance .
Then when you hit the first hot rock ' you GB that rock out again using the all metal setting again .

If you get that right you have knocked out those rubbish fake hits & can just dig mostly the good stuff .

Hope you understand the method ' worked for me ;)

Good Luck
Jack

Found this on one of the American detecting forums: Quote:

Sharing from a FB group

From Whimster regarding Tesoro:

"I spoke with a reliable friend on Sunday...the building has been sold...building was still owned by Vince's mom...some of the equipment has been sold...as far as warranty work..if you sent your card in shortly after buying a Tesoro and your machine is in for warranty repair work..Vince is still trying to finish up the warranty work on those machines...he's behind in the repairs....this could take some time.
He will not be fixing anything else...so don't send it in..
As far as stock...Rusty bought some of the more popular detector models....pretty much gone now...the future of Vince...I'm told he is going to be teaching Math in a school 30 miles away from his hometown...."

Unquote:

So Tesoro is done and dusted.

Full disclosure is sometimes the best way to go. Look at the Alvey story. They announced that they were closing down due to falling sales and increasing costs. As soon as it was made public, the fishos came out of the woodwork and started placing orders. Alvey had to put on extra staff to cope with demand. Latest I heard they had found an investor and the major retailers are all stocking Alvey reels again.
I believe Harley Davidson had a similar close call once apron a time.
I owned a Vaquero years ago. I regretted selling it.

Latest posts