Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Hi MT, I always thought that you were a station worker and fossicked for a hobby. Sorry for not understanding.
Hope you find heaps mate. :Y: :Y: :power: :power:
Mackka

No need to be sorry at all Mackka.

I wouldn't work in an iron lung :D

I'm just the caretaker. Someone has to live here or the place would be robbed blind.
I also deal with ferals, prospectors and make sure the wells are pumping. For that the station supplies food, fuel, electricty, net etc....
My income though comes from prospecting.

"I'm just the caretaker. Someone has to live here or the place would be robbed blind.
I also deal with ferals, prospectors and make sure the wells are pumping. For that the station supplies food, fuel, electricty, net etc....
My income though comes from prospecting."

You forgot to add Stunt Double for Brad Pitt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

All going well thanks Sgt. We had decent rain the week before easter with 27mm at the homestead and 55mm up the top of the station and I reccon more in some places. The tracks took a beating and there's still water across one track and all the creeks and lakes are still holding some. It scattered the cattle so the muster is on hold for the moment but should happen soon.

Apart from that, plenty of prospectors about including poachers.
This Thursday though some might be infor a suprise. A bloke from Dept of Mines will be staying here and I'll be driving him about the station and he'll be checking compliance.

Hi Madtuna, you mentioned a guy checking compliance on the station, I'm alllllllllllllllllllll the way over in NSW from you, so what type of compliance are you talking about??
(behind the times)

guipago said:
Hi Madtuna, you mentioned a guy checking compliance on the station, I'm alllllllllllllllllllll the way over in NSW from you, so what type of compliance are you talking about??
(behind the times)

I would think it would be along the line of the $150 000 fine if caught prospecting illegally. Probably depend on how ignorant or arrogant they are. :(

Cheers

Doug

madtuna said:
This Thursday though some might be infor a suprise. A bloke from Dept of Mines will be staying here and I'll be driving him about the station and he'll be checking compliance.

:Y: :Y: Awesome, hope he hangs heaps on a few and they get the message. Though I haven't got over West yet, these poaching B*!#*@#ds are screwing it for the legal prospectors and it'll only end up in 'locked gates' like it has in the East.

Dihusky said:
madtuna said:

:Y: :Y: Awesome, hope he hangs heaps on a few and they get the message. Though I haven't got over West yet, these poaching B*!#*@#ds are screwing it for the legal prospectors and it'll only end up in 'locked gates' like it has in the East.

Me too!
Two blokes who are not members of this forum but read it gave me a spray a couple of days ago.
3 years in a row they say how they have a 40E and don't know why we haven't recieved a copy or that they didn't know they have to send us a copy.

Last year they were sprung on a mining lease that just had an area pushed.
Small time miner spends a forune to push an area so he can detect it and these thieving clowns sneak in and steal his gold.

I hope they crap thier pants when we find them! ]:D

Good to hear that you have had rain. Also great to hear about the mine dept guy. Hopefully he gets some poachers. They are the ones that do.the damaged

madtuna said:
Hi guipago.
Checking miners rights, permissions and 40E permits. As Doug said, illegal mining. They are pushing for more prosecutions this year.
Ok, thanks for that, were a bit more spoilt over here.

Well bugger me Steve, we had no idea either that you were not a paid employee ! :(

Always thought you were the station manager, rather than caretaker. It puts a whole new perspective on just how generous you have been with your time and guidance etc over the years ! :Y: :Y:

Also reinforces the feeling that Kaye and I got about what a top bloke you really are ! :Y: :Y:

Cheers,
Rick and Kaye

Darn tuna it's just plain rude of people asking you the places you can find gold. How did the mines guys go with poachers? Pm me if need be.

Hi mate, I volunteer info often...because I want to and I don't mind. What stings though are the ones who expect it and some almost demand it.
They couldn't give a stuff about you 11 months of the year but come thier planned holiday all of a sudden they are your best friend. Once the holiday is over they couldn't give a stuff about you again.

As for the mines bloke, I left him after a while so I'm not sure how many he got but we spoke to a few while I was with him.

People still aren't getting the message about bringing dogs though which is worrying, so my appologies if some find the following images confronting.

Can you spot the trap?

zPrwrM2.jpg

Your dog won't either....but he'll find it and he'll die inside 15 minutes

ywyV7gW.jpg

Can you spot the bait? Your dog will.

0HUqUuz.jpg

They was saying on the TV the other night that your going to be getting a lot more camels your way...

They are moving from Alice springs to WA..

They are getting more out of control since the new land owners are not shooting them...

Big mob's of them on the TV heading your way...

Goody :)