Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today I received my Legends Special Edition set of 'The Bold, The Bad, & The Ugly' uncirculated coins set from the R.A.Mint.
I previously bought the 4 coin $1 uncirc 'The Bold, The Bad, & The Ugly' set with mint marks 'B' 'C' 'M' & 'S' of 15,000 mintage.
As I'm a RAMs Legends Member (loyalty program) I had the option to enter the ballot to buy 1 of only 1,500 mintage Legends Special Edition sets, drawn by ballot, & I scored!
These sets are a unique 6 coin uncirc set with a 'C' mint mark $1 coin which has the new Queens effigy on the obverse, & the other 5 coins have the old effigy. Also, the previous 4 coin $1 set only has the old effigy on ALL 4 $1 coins.
4 coin $1 set
1557749959_boldbadugly-4coin_2.jpg

6 coin Legends set
1557749980_boldbadugly-legends_2.jpg

Hi Folks,
Arrived home yesterday from a prospecting trip and found the Rambo wok burner had finally found its to my address. Connected it up to a gas bottle for a quick check to make sure all was as stated, very impressed. It certainly generates some serious heat, consumes one kilo of gas an hour at full power. It will make a big difference time-wise preparing Asian style wok food compared to the kitchen gas stove which did not realy generate enough heat for best results. Over the next day or so it will be fully set-up and ready to do some cooking, should be a lot of fun and be interesting to see the difference in the food compared to previous efforts.
Cheers, SinHof.
1558146628_20190518_121050.jpg

SinHof said:
Hi Folks,
Arrived home yesterday from a prospecting trip and found the Rambo wok burner had finally found its to my address. Connected it up to a gas bottle for a quick check to make sure all was as stated, very impressed. It certainly generates some serious heat, consumes one kilo of gas an hour at full power. It will make a big difference time-wise preparing Asian style wok food compared to the kitchen gas stove which did not realy generate enough heat for best results. Over the next day or so it will be fully set-up and ready to do some cooking, should be a lot of fun and be interesting to see the difference in the food compared to previous efforts.
Cheers, SinHof.

Looks a serious piece of kit, yep.. heat is critical for good wok cooking and I find the same thing with our gas stove, has the "Wok" ring which is okay, but still lacks in the heat dept.

Enjoy it, can smell the food already :)

G'Day Dihusky; yes mate pretty keen to give it a test run, still got some mods to do on the re-purposed bar-b-q to bring it up to speed due to the increased heat, at full heat it roars like a jet aircraft, the specs indicate it should not be within a metre of any structure and placed on a non combustible surface.
Cheers, SinHof.

Had to buy one of these this week to replace the one in my D Max. Seals blown and much easier to place the whole thing then get the whole thing overhauled. Can't complain as the ute has 290 000km on it now with about half that being on dirt roads.

1558151738_20190518_114526-800x600.jpg

Just have to get motivated to change it out this arvo. :|

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Had to buy one of these this week to replace the one in my D Max. Seals blown and much easier to place the whole thing then get the whole thing overhauled. Can't complain as the ute has 290 000km on it now with about half that being on dirt roads.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/7504/1558151738_20190518_114526-800x600.jpg

Well I have changed it over now and seems to be about fine just with a bush wheel alignment. Have to just realign the steering wheel one tooth. Job for tomorrow. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Rockhunter62 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/7504/1558151738_20190518_114526-800x600.jpg

Well I have changed it over now and seems to be about fine just with a bush wheel alignment. Have to just realign the steering wheel one tooth. Job for tomorrow. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Doug you might find the steering wheel has a master spline so it can't be changed. Besides that there's always a risk of upsetting the airbag or collapsible steering shaft. It's much better to lengthen one tierod and shorten the other. Just loosen the locknut and give it half a turn on each and check it before locking it up again.

Moneybox said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

Doug you might find the steering wheel has a master spline so it can't be changed. Besides that there's always a risk of upsetting the airbag or collapsible steering shaft. It's much better to lengthen one tierod and shorten the other. Just loosen the locknut and give it half a turn on each and check it before locking it up again.

No worries there Phil, I beleive that when I put the steering column back onto the rack and pinion it was a tooth off. No problems fixing that back how it was.

Cheers

Doug

The geezer said:
Watch that that it doesn't have a airbag or could be boom!

All good geezer, just had to disconnect the steering linkage that connects to the rack and pinion and put it back where it should be. All fixed in 15 minutes and everything seems to run straight and true. Will get a wheel alignment next time I'm in the big smoke.

Cheers

Doug

The batteries take 4 hrs to charge, each. It's set to go when that is done. Strange actually as most things with rechargeable batt's are already charged a fair bit.
It's time for hot dogs and cheese for lunch.

I still have my B&D Circular saw,Ryobi Jigsaw, Router somewhere can't remember the brand -cost about $400, Lathe, Bench grinder, angle grinders air and bench,cheap 240V hammer drill from Supercheap Auto, just like some new ones every now and then. The 20V should give plenty of grunt especially with 2 batt's. Gotta work out the bluetooth 20v speaker yet.
We build up sets of spanners, drill sets don't we?