Sapphire wash

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone point me in the right direction of where to buy decent sapphire wash, I recently bought 6 kilos for a friend of mine who is in a wheelchair to give him something new to do, after carefully going through the wash twice we managed to collect 70 ct of very small sapphire chips and a lot of other very small ( below 1 mm ) zircons etc with only one piece that may possibly be a cutter. i have heard that most outlets seed their wash so if anyone knows of a place where they at least add some cutters could you let me know
cheers

You can buy a trailer load or a few buckets from Billabong Blue, straight from their mine at Inverell ... Most other places in the area sell 'Bag of Wash' but these have been known to contain anything from Amethyst, Tigers Eye, to well just about anything......

LW....

LoneWolf said:
You can buy a trailer load or a few buckets from Billabong Blue, straight from their mine at Inverell ... Most other places in the area sell 'Bag of Wash' but these have been known to contain anything from Amethyst, Tigers Eye, to well just about anything......

LW....
thanks, LW, yes I am in the process of planning a run to Billabong Blue sometime soon I just have to buy a bit more camping gear and I will be away for a couple of days

I just picked up a 6.5kg bag of concentrate from Armfest two days ago for my young fella. We will probably go through it this afternoon so Ill let you know how we go.
Martyz

Just went through my bag of concentrate with my son and had a lot of fun. Plenty of sapphire with about 185ct of bits and pieces. The pick is the 15ct stone below which might end up being a star but nothing else in the rest.
You would have to put a fair bit of dirt through your sieves out in the gem fields to get that much so I reckon its worth $25 to try your luck.
1558680385_acfbfc4a-58e6-4f2c-a049-7ae0a50f4074.jpg

1558680385_003de893-44de-45fd-a39b-b10391f99861.jpg

Latest posts