You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Honners
15 May 2019 11:27 am

I'm new to this but was just wondering if reedy creek is the best spot around beechworth? Or if there are others nearby

BrendonW
16 May 2019 09:40 pm

There are other areas within a short drive of beechworth. Reedy creek has been the best so far for me. I use geovic and this forum for research. You’ll find posts about the area in this forum if you type in the right keywords in the search area.

MarcusAureas
17 May 2019 12:48 am

Im new to the forum and have seen the incredible list of excluded rivers - has anyone made a list of included rivers??

Panned alluvial with Dad when young but after finding yellow with a mates gear have a mates Gold Monster 1000 to learn

SWright
18 May 2019 01:29 pm

Yes there is a list. Just search. Its somewhere on the Earth Resources Vic pages. Short story is virtually all creeks and rivers that are worth prospecting are excluded. The reality is there are still a great many of us prospectors. The only people I have seen that have been got are those with industrial scale equipment like excavators, dredges, right next to someones house or mining the riverbanks in tonne loads.

Araluen

MarcusAureas
18 May 2019 03:43 pm

SWright wrote:

Yes there is a list. Just search. Its somewhere on the Earth Resources Vic pages. Short story is virtually all creeks and rivers that are worth prospecting are excluded. The reality is there are still a great many of us prospectors. The only people I have seen that have been got are those with industrial scale equipment like excavators, dredges, right next to someones house or mining the riverbanks in tonne loads.

Araluen

Hi SWright - not seen included rivers list on DPI - only the excluded and dis-allowed - ive gleaned only a few from this forum but as you say thay are hammered so badly they look like the moon from pics ive seen - I remember finding alluvial near Bacchus Mash and Brisbane Ranges with my Dad in 60s to 70s but no more which is dumb - the excluded rives should have panning allowed but no sluicing or heavy gear and leave it like you found it rules like with detecting - cheers Mark

Last edited by MarcusAureas (18 May 2019 03:43 pm)

Panned alluvial with Dad when young but after finding yellow with a mates gear have a mates Gold Monster 1000 to learn

Aussiedigs

“He had died of hunger, yet under his head was a bag with eighteen pounds' weight of gold in it...”

Sandbagger
19 May 2019 08:30 pm

These lists are great, because they are black and white, straight up!

Is there a similar one for NSW?

Baz.

1 user likes this post: zapphello

MarcusAureas
19 May 2019 11:48 pm

I agree it does say which parks but it it doesn't list the Rivers to make it visibly distinct from the excluded Rivers

Why doest someone start the Prospecting Party to change legislation? - should do heaps better than Argggg The Pirate Party????

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Aussiedigs
21 May 2019 12:05 pm

Marcus, the first link lists the banned rivers/creeks. Simple, anything else is fair game.

When your up and running ill become a member mate!

Last edited by Aussiedigs (21 May 2019 12:06 pm)

“He had died of hunger, yet under his head was a bag with eighteen pounds' weight of gold in it...”

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site