Investing in a cars, machinery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg Wilson said:
Wow, as an old petrolhead there was some great stuff there. My history included 37 Ford sedan, Single Spinner sedan, 54 Customline, 65 Mustang 2+2, 68 2+2, 67 Mercury Cougar, 68 Camaro, 70 Cougar, 70 Mercury Cyclone Comet. Then I discovered Porsches. 70 911T, 71 911T, 74 Carrera, and 76 911 Carrera.
My remaining toy is 81 BMW 635 csi. Motorbikes??? Too many to remember. I had 2 motorbike shops, one of which was a Harley Davidson agency. Current bike....M109R.

1971 I went to WA for the first time.
A few mates and I purchased a Ford Customline for the trip, can't recall the year but got us to Kal and was like sitting in a recliner all the way.
Cost a heap in fuel and we sold it for more than we paid for it. Great Memories.

Pure gold allright TG,wow
my old girl lookin a bit neglected lately,did a fair bit to it late last year and just have a cuppla small jobs on it then a good wash and polish and back in the shed till summer id say.....
1557848434_7e6989f8-4037-4e80-932c-92bcd9f17b82.jpg

Reg Wilson said:
Goldchaser1, what can I say???? Sweet mate. Simmons wheels too I note.

There cheap copies the wheels reg ,nice wheels but about the only ones i could get machined to fit up front with the hr front end,it was a show car mid 80s,built 81-2,starting to show its age a bit especially the black ext paint,needs a strip and respray down the track,startin to go through all the rubbers etc,all pretty perished,undercarriage all in gold,fits the lifestyle a bit....
1557860627_3b259b9b-1661-42c0-96a3-d7552e23b4fe.jpg

I am looking for one of these, they are an abomination as far as cars go but I want one. If you think it looks like a washing machine your onto something. Proudly made in Adelaide. A small batch were sold to one of Melbourne's council's so might be one hidden in an old warehouse somewhere over there.
1557872533_800px-lightburn_zeta_sedan_automobile.jpg
1557872548_220px-lightburn_zeta_automobile_sports_model.jpg
pm me if you find one

The bottom one is the sports model, I could see you in one of them Jaros looking cool, picking up chicks :lol: lol.

Goldchaser, that old lumpy is one nice machine. And has some history too. The E type is a bargain, can't believe it is still for sale.
I know where there are 2 gogomobiles sitting in a yard, fibreglass bodys and complete but the guy says that they can sit there till he dies. Pity really
My HR's are not as tidy as the rest of my cars but are origonal. Hopefully will be starting one and driving it later today. The other one will be a few weeks before that drives out the shed.

Goggo mobiles and zetas are similar. The ones I am looking for are adelaide made by lightburn industries which also made washing machines and cement mixers. They even made a ute model apparently. Might struggle carrying a bag of potatoes up a hill though.
1557879666_220px-zeta_utility.jpg

Goldfreak said:
Goggo mobiles and zetas are similar. The ones I am looking for are adelaide made by lightburn industries which also made washing machines and cement mixers. They even made a ute model apparently. Might struggle carrying a bag of potatoes up a hill though.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10082/1557879666_220px-zeta_utility.jpg

Thanks for the refresh GF,i remember reading about them somewhere and they built washing machines,hope ya find one.
TG i showed the boss that e type and she just gave me one of them looks,i think your x2 hr would be a good investment also,depending on price and condition of course,pretty rare....
The FX has got a bit of history,was qld street rod of the yr,won the brisbane show and top ten in the summernats all about 83-4,bought it off the guy that built it 2-3 yrs ago.....

Goldchaser1 said:
The FX has got a bit of history,was qld street rod of the yr,won the brisbane show and top ten in the summernats all about 83-4,bought it off the guy that built it 2-3 yrs ago.....

Hmmm around the same time I had one of my Capris in a few Brisbane shows.... I may even have a pic of your old car Goldchaser. I can remember a Black FX.. I need to find that old photo album...

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Hmmm around the same time I had one of my Capris in a few Brisbane shows.... I may even have a pic of your old car Goldchaser. I can remember a Black FX.. I need to find that old photo album...

LW.....

really LW if ya had a pic of it id be real keen to see one,your capri also please.....

Latest posts