Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I am happy to have stumbled on this very unique and informative forum, i am new here. I am from the UK England, but originally from Southern Africa. I am putting together my new gold prospecting gear piece by piece through a lot of saving. I now have a brand new GPX 4500 fitted with my chosen war head for deep nuggets, NF Evo 19 because I love big nuggets, although small ones add up too. I also have new Grey Ghost headphones and waiting for the post with peeled eyes for my new SteelPhase SP01 being processed in customs as I speak. I am from Zimbabwe originally where I intend to do gold prospecting, which is a gold country like Australia. I have a goal and intention to later become a full operating miner. My favourite gold prospecting and mining programmes are Aussie Gold Hunters and Gold Rush. I learn a lot about gold prospecting from you guys in Australia and I must say you manufacture the best equipment ever. When I go and do my prospecting back in Africa I will be updating you and contributing knowledge from the other side of the world to improve our prospecting passion. I have uploaded someof my equipment photos that I put together so far. I won't say much but more contribution to come, thank you for having me. :cool:

1557620629_20190313_090850.jpg

1557620630_20190313_121446.jpg

1557621284_20190508_112740.jpg

1557620874_steelphase-edit.jpg

Welcome to PA, GP.

I think you have some big challenges ahead, as my understanding is that gold prospecting in Zimbabwe is strictly controlled by the military, for their own benefit. Your weapon of choice may be a GPX4500, but theirs is an AK-47. Good luck with those big nuggets, but please don't lose your head over them! :skull:

grubstake said:
Welcome to PA, GP.

I think you have some big challenges ahead, as my understanding is that gold prospecting in Zimbabwe is strictly controlled by the military, for their own benefit. Your weapon of choice may be a GPX4500, but theirs is an AK-47. Good luck with those big nuggets, but please don't lose your head over them! :skull:
Thank you Grubstake for having me on this forum. The military are focused on Chrome, Platinum and Diamonds. These are the ones which are nationalised only. All the others are open to everyone, I actually own a gold mine claim there with a full licence to mine it at a later stage. I do admit though that our politicians there are nut heads, but there are actually encouraging small scale to big miners to produce minerals, because it's the number 1 forex earner. I sometimes go there and am up to date with what's taking place.

RM Outback said:
G'day GP welcome to PA :Y: sounds like you have some great adventures ahead, looking forward to your reports.
Thank you RM Outback for having me on this forum. I sure am looking forward to some great adventures and sometimes challenging times, but it's all in the passion, Gold Passion.

Hi GP, welcome to our forum. So you are from Zimbawe eh? I have 400,000 shares in a lithium mine there and it aint doing so well. Perhaps you can e-mail me and fill me in on whether I did the right thing. The more I read about the place the more I wish I didn't invest.
Anyway let me know where you live and maybe we can have a meet up and I'll show you some good spots. You will find us an obliging bunch of people....alex

Welcome to our forum GP :) I must say your choice of equipment is excellent. Good luck with your future project, I look forward to hearing about your achievements

G'day mate, worked with an old diesel mechanic from Zim in the mines in WA. He was ex military and had some pretty insane stories from his time over there. Good luck wiyh the gold and always watch ya back!

Ben Digo said:
Welcome to our forum GP :) I must say your choice of equipment is excellent. Good luck with your future project, I look forward to hearing about your achievements

Thank you Ben Digo for your welcome and comment on my equipment. I will definitely post my achievements, and good luck to you too.

Dave79 said:
G'day mate, worked with an old diesel mechanic from Zim in the mines in WA. He was ex military and had some pretty insane stories from his time over there. Good luck wiyh the gold and always watch ya back!
Thank you Dave 79 for your welcome. Good to know you worked with my fellow country man in the mines and enjoyed some great stories of home. I will definitely watch my back thanks for the advice. Wish you good luck in your prospecting.

Graybeard said:
Hi GP, welcome to our forum. So you are from Zimbawe eh? I have 400,000 shares in a lithium mine there and it aint doing so well. Perhaps you can e-mail me and fill me in on whether I did the right thing. The more I read about the place the more I wish I didn't invest.
Anyway let me know where you live and maybe we can have a meet up and I'll show you some good spots. You will find us an obliging bunch of people....alex
Hello Gray beard and thank you for your welcome. Sorry to hear about your Investment which is not going so well. I don't know much about Lithium mining,
I live in England but originally from Zimbabwe where I usually go to do my projects. I plan to visit Australia sometime and when I come over we can surely hook up and show me Aussie prospecting. Have a good one and GOLD LUCK on your prospecting.

old hand said:
Welcome GP all top rear, I would suggest in getting a control box cover just to protect your investment regards john :Y:
Thank you Old hand for welcoming me. Yes I already got a cover for it to protect the control box. Wish you too Gold Luck in your prospecting.

Latest posts