Ground Noise?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple times Ive had what sounds like a signal not the typical signal but a slight repeat in the tone I did down heaps but they dont seem to get much louder. They definitely get slightly louder but not that much. Usually I end up digging a huge hole but walk away. I really hope Im not walking away from massive nuggets lol. I keep thinking the sounds getting louder because my coil is being pressed into the hole and creating a ground sound. Not a sweep motion.

Another scenario I had was a deffient target sound I dig a huge hole but the target is now everywhere. Throughout the pile and still in the hole but I cant isolate it no matter what?

What do you think?

Have Had the same signals at Whroo, Always Ground Balance if in doubt, Saves a lot of digging and frustration. I find if I scape the target with my boot to get rid of the surface crap, the signal gets louder and crisper, Ground Balance to the side and wave the coil over; if less ; hot ground. Some you have to scape and the same as the video. :Y:

madtuna said:
Be very careful with your ground noises.

Some deep larger nuggets have all the hallmarks of a ground noise until you remove a foot or more.

Gday

I agree with madtuna, the example in the video was pretty clear cut and I wouldn't bother with any further with it either, but if there is any residual signal response at all no matter how vague I would continue to dig it just to be sure, better to be wrong than right, or even worse coming back at a later date to find a big hole or hearing that someone else had found a big nugget, as your scuffing of the ground alerts others to something being heard on that spot if they walk on to it and see the disturbed ground, I have found many nuggets in scrape marks and holes that other people have walked away from.

The best nuggets I have found have rarely been pull you up type signals, but very vague and iffy responses that are very similar to just a slight ground noise, also if the nugget is right at the end of the detection depth or a specimen you can get a broken or warbly response so always dig it until you are sure what it is.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts