You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ded Driver
13 May 2019 12:41 am

went past a farmer driving a John Deere 4wheeler (Gator) with home made trailer up a very shady, narrow & windy road on Sunday. Both were hardly visible in the heavy shade .... & not sporting any type of rego plate.
If anyone hit him he would of been in deep poop

APLA member, GPX4000, SD2100 Modded, XTerra 705 Dual Pack, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

Shep
13 May 2019 08:54 am

I love modifying cars, my fossicking car is far from stock.
Is a 2013 2 door wrangler that I added a second fuel tank, 3” lift, flat fenders, 33” tyres, Gibson exhaust, red arc tow pro elite.
Plenty of other things done but to much to list. Goes places that crusers can only go in TV ads.
It’s been an awesome car.
Family car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with quadralift. Push a button and it goes up 4” and locks the diffs.
Not a bad bush car but where it excels is towing. All I did to it was add a second fuel tank. Towing my family van @100kph
it uses 12.5L/100km and carries 170L so has a brilliant fuel range. 600nm @2000rpm and a 8 speed box is a lot of fun.

1557697930_e526d249-aff3-4e1a-bc1f-6be4b778bcbc.jpg

5 users like this post: Ridge Runner, BigWave, LoneWolf, Gravity, Ded Driver

savage bitter
13 May 2019 09:09 am

Shep wrote:

Is a 2013 2 door wrangler that I added a second fuel tank, 3” lift, flat fenders, 33” tyres, Gibson exhaust, red arc tow pro elite.
Plenty of other things done but to much to list. Goes places that crusers can only go in TV ads.
Family car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with quadralift. Push a button and it goes up 4” and locks the diffs.
Not a bad bush car but where it excels is towing. All I did to it was add a second fuel tank. Towing my family van @100kph
it uses 12.5L/100km and carries 170L so has a brilliant fuel range. 600nm @2000rpm and a 8 speed box is a lot of fun.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 78bcbc.jpg

yep u have to do all that to the wrangler out beat a standard landcruiser

Ridge Runner
13 May 2019 09:48 am

savage bitter wrote:
Shep wrote:

A Standard Wrangler or one of the CJ models will go anywhere a cruiser will Go.

Dig em all,

savage bitter
13 May 2019 02:09 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Shep wrote:

yer but mine wont break down and need to be towed

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, LoneWolf

Gravity
13 May 2019 10:08 pm

Shep wrote:

Also had a Jeep Overland before my now heavily modified Cruiser, The Jeep is an Awesome Car when towing my 3 ton Van, never a problem with it.

Just looking at youre setup the Van looks too low on the ball and think it should be raised or am I seeing it on a wrong angel ?

Cheers thumbsup

GPX 5000 - sP01 - Evo 17x13
Life's a garden Dig It.

Ridge Runner
14 May 2019 10:47 am

savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Shep wrote:

I don't think so Some how, that is more a matter of luck, even the best of vehicles break down which due to the fact that they keep adding more and more sensors to modern cars it's getting harder to keep them going by the roadside,

my Brother has a VW and it does about 65mpg or 105ks to the gallon. Nice car but just before 2 Christmas's ago things started light up on the dash and is always having to fix odds and ends on it, Some vehicles for no reason just suddenly turn in to money pits, Yet he had looked after this car like crazy, I just can't believe how so many silly things can go wrong, bloody thing is possessed devil

Dig em all,

savage bitter
14 May 2019 11:11 am

Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Shep wrote:

I don't think so Some how, that is more a matter of luck, even the best of vehicles break down which due to the fact that they keep adding more and more sensors to modern cars it's getting harder to keep them going by the roadside,

my Brother has a VW and it does about 65mpg or 105ks to the gallon. Nice car but just before 2 Christmas's ago things started light up on the dash and is always having to fix odds and ends on it, Some vehicles for no reason just suddenly turn in to money pits, Yet he had looked after this car like crazy, I just can't believe how so many silly things can go wrong, bloody thing is possessed devil

the local holding yard out my way is full of jeeps waiting to be trucked back to the city so far this season we have fixed 38 vehicles 9 are jeeps from sensors and ecu problems to one with a broken frame and one caught on fire which is pretty normal

2 users like this post: Goldchaser1, Ridge Runner

Jaros
14 May 2019 11:24 am

Is it true the spare parts on Jeeps are massively excessive price wise?

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Manpa
14 May 2019 11:43 am

Yep, some are, I've got a mate who is a collector of Jeeps and also runs them as his daily driver. Recall many moons ago him replacing a distributor, about $700.

One of these days Ma!

Smoky bandit
14 May 2019 11:52 am

Best Jeep ever made was the XJ Cherokee. 4.0
Had mine since 1999 brought it with 8k on it and it's done 270k and never broke down thumbsup

No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Goldchaser1
14 May 2019 11:57 am

savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:

the local holding yard out my way is full of jeeps waiting to be trucked back to the city so far this season we have fixed 38 vehicles 9 are jeeps from sensors and ecu problems to one with a broken frame and one caught on fire which is pretty normal

where are you at savage up alice way or something?

savage bitter
14 May 2019 01:22 pm

Jaros wrote:

Is it true the spare parts on Jeeps are massively excessive price wise?

sure are I replaced a head light bulb in a grand cher 160 dollars just for the hid light parts for jeeps are way over priced

Ridge Runner
14 May 2019 01:23 pm

savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:

I can quite believe it too, there seems to be a few problems with them from the past 3 - 5 years it's almost like they lost their way, I had a couple of them and they were good, One was a 2001 Grand Cherokee and I had one of the CJ models and it was an awesome little truck unstoppable but it was a bit of a wild thing because someone put a falcon 200 motor in it and it made lethal to drive in the wet, too much engine and not enough body, But it was incredible off road, Wish I had it now,

I see some guy on youtube Trashed his jeep because he was sick of the dealerships run around, It's bad when they let customers down like that.

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: savage bitter

savage bitter
14 May 2019 01:23 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
savage bitter wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:

where are you at savage up alice way or something?

Quilpie Qld.

Last edited by Jaros (14 May 2019 01:26 pm)

1 user likes this post: Goldchaser1

Goldchaser1
29 May 2019 01:38 pm

Bought a new spacecab dmax last year,upgraded from a hj61 cruza i had maybe 10 yrs,was driving 60 cruzas b4 that also,love the old girls but reality is loaded and tripping around wa was getting bloody expensive fuel wise,do i trust the dmax like the old cruza-nope,time will tell,22,000 on it now,15 would be dirt roads and bush,mods so far:
2” lift kit with bilstein shocks all round
extra fuel filter kit
rims & tyres,mickey t’s
free wheel hubs fitted
bullbar,siderails and runva winch
long range tank
homemade rear toolbox
cuppla toolboxs behind the rear tyres
still quite a bit id like done to it yet,will attack it over summer......

1 user likes this post: Gunna

Eski
29 May 2019 06:30 pm

All i can say is rangers are great till they get a problem. dads gearbox was rubbish from 40,000 k and dealer kept saying nothing wrong with it. the moment it ticked over the warranty period they said there is a problem with valve body.......thousands later still no resolution. plenty of people are Ranger experts apparently- all idiots.clearly pressure builds too quick on downshift and all the experts don't get that.. still stuffing around with the ombudsman.

mine has an unfindable electrical leak, and sucks the fuel big time.

we should have bought a hilux or a dmax

Goldchaser1
29 May 2019 09:22 pm

Eski wrote:

All i can say is rangers are great till they get a problem. dads gearbox was rubbish from 40,000 k and dealer kept saying nothing wrong with it. the moment it ticked over the warranty period they said there is a problem with valve body.......thousands later still no resolution. plenty of people are Ranger experts apparently- all idiots.clearly pressure builds too quick on downshift and all the experts don't get that.. still stuffing around with the ombudsman.

mine has an unfindable electrical leak, and sucks the fuel big time.

we should have bought a hilux or a dmax

not good mate,we bought a bt50 dual cab when the new shape came out,2013?. Its done 60-70ks now,the wifes car so its the town car,only time it goes bush is if i had the old cruza or my dmax now,otherwise if she goes out on her own she takes my car,its the bush car,unlike yours its manual but more or less all the same running gear i think,love that 5cyl 3.2,all ive done so far is a new battery last year and a while ago i did the box and both diff oils,rip into them,hope ya get it sorted......

ps: the new 6 sp auto in the dmax is the same box thats in the 200 series cruzas,behind that 3ltr it should be bulletproof,i went the auto.....

Last edited by Goldchaser1 (29 May 2019 09:29 pm)

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site