Vehicle mods & upgrades. whats yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this WA regulation from Aug 2017 shows you can put a lightbar on the roof (in WA)
https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/LBU_VS_IB_132.pdf
page 3, figure 1
1557645407_lights_amp_lightbars_mounting_-law.jpg

Thanks Traveller......
I carry a copy of my ADR's that apply to my model and I can argue if im picked on... During the blitz up here about lift kits, I was about to be put off the road even tho I have a Factory 40mm lift... The cop didn't have a clue, till I called over the Transport cop and he said that im legal... I pride myself in remaining Legal in all aspects of my 4X4....

I have read (4x4 mags) that some Highway patrol cops make you actually cut the wires to Light bars on your roof if they don't comply in that state.... I don't like them on the roof as they shine too much light onto my bonnet. Being a white car, it's just too bright for me. Much prefer mounted on the bulbar under bonnet line...

LW...

madtuna said:
WA is so cool...you don't even need rego and if you realy want it you get it cheaper if you show your miners right :D
Rego time i confidently strolled into the office and said id like to apply for the prospectors rego rebate,the boffins said ya need to prove its your sole income,on the website it just states you only need to state the vehical is mainly used for prospecting,no luck here with it so far.... :mad:

ya right though,WA is the coolest joint on the planet......

went past a farmer driving a John Deere 4wheeler (Gator) with home made trailer up a very shady, narrow & windy road on Sunday. Both were hardly visible in the heavy shade .... & not sporting any type of rego plate.
If anyone hit him he would of been in deep :poop:

I love modifying cars, my fossicking car is far from stock.
Is a 2013 2 door wrangler that I added a second fuel tank, 3 lift, flat fenders, 33 tyres, Gibson exhaust, red arc tow pro elite.
Plenty of other things done but to much to list. Goes places that crusers can only go in TV ads.
Its been an awesome car.
Family car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with quadralift. Push a button and it goes up 4 and locks the diffs.
Not a bad bush car but where it excels is towing. All I did to it was add a second fuel tank. Towing my family van @100kph
it uses 12.5L/100km and carries 170L so has a brilliant fuel range. 600nm @2000rpm and a 8 speed box is a lot of fun.

1557697930_e526d249-aff3-4e1a-bc1f-6be4b778bcbc.jpg

Shep said:
Is a 2013 2 door wrangler that I added a second fuel tank, 3 lift, flat fenders, 33 tyres, Gibson exhaust, red arc tow pro elite.
Plenty of other things done but to much to list. Goes places that crusers can only go in TV ads.
Its been an awesome car.
Family car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with quadralift. Push a button and it goes up 4 and locks the diffs.
Not a bad bush car but where it excels is towing. All I did to it was add a second fuel tank. Towing my family van @100kph
it uses 12.5L/100km and carries 170L so has a brilliant fuel range. 600nm @2000rpm and a 8 speed box is a lot of fun.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7930_e526d249-aff3-4e1a-bc1f-6be4b778bcbc.jpg
yep u have to do all that to the wrangler out beat a standard landcruiser

savage bitter said:
Shep said:
Its been an awesome car.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7930_e526d249-aff3-4e1a-bc1f-6be4b778bcbc.jpg

A Standard Wrangler or one of the CJ models will go anywhere a cruiser will Go.

Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Shep said:
Its been an awesome car.

yer but mine wont break down and need to be towed

Shep said:
Its been an awesome car.

Also had a Jeep Overland before my now heavily modified Cruiser, The Jeep is an Awesome Car when towing my 3 ton Van, never a problem with it.

Just looking at youre setup the Van looks too low on the ball and think it should be raised or am I seeing it on a wrong angel ?

Cheers :Y:

savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Shep said:
Its been an awesome car.

I don't think so Some how, that is more a matter of luck, even the best of vehicles break down which due to the fact that they keep adding more and more sensors to modern cars it's getting harder to keep them going by the roadside,

my Brother has a VW and it does about 65mpg or 105ks to the gallon. Nice car but just before 2 Christmas's ago things started light up on the dash and is always having to fix odds and ends on it, Some vehicles for no reason just suddenly turn in to money pits, Yet he had looked after this car like crazy, I just can't believe how so many silly things can go wrong, bloody thing is possessed ]:D

Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Shep said:
Its been an awesome car.

I don't think so Some how, that is more a matter of luck, even the best of vehicles break down which due to the fact that they keep adding more and more sensors to modern cars it's getting harder to keep them going by the roadside,

my Brother has a VW and it does about 65mpg or 105ks to the gallon. Nice car but just before 2 Christmas's ago things started light up on the dash and is always having to fix odds and ends on it, Some vehicles for no reason just suddenly turn in to money pits, Yet he had looked after this car like crazy, I just can't believe how so many silly things can go wrong, bloody thing is possessed ]:D
the local holding yard out my way is full of jeeps waiting to be trucked back to the city so far this season we have fixed 38 vehicles 9 are jeeps from sensors and ecu problems to one with a broken frame and one caught on fire which is pretty normal

Yep, some are, I've got a mate who is a collector of Jeeps and also runs them as his daily driver. Recall many moons ago him replacing a distributor, about $700.

savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:

the local holding yard out my way is full of jeeps waiting to be trucked back to the city so far this season we have fixed 38 vehicles 9 are jeeps from sensors and ecu problems to one with a broken frame and one caught on fire which is pretty normal

where are you at savage up alice way or something?

Jaros said:
Is it true the spare parts on Jeeps are massively excessive price wise?
sure are I replaced a head light bulb in a grand cher 160 dollars just for the hid light parts for jeeps are way over priced

savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:

I can quite believe it too, there seems to be a few problems with them from the past 3 - 5 years it's almost like they lost their way, I had a couple of them and they were good, One was a 2001 Grand Cherokee and I had one of the CJ models and it was an awesome little truck unstoppable but it was a bit of a wild thing because someone put a falcon 200 motor in it and it made lethal to drive in the wet, too much engine and not enough body, But it was incredible off road, Wish I had it now,

I see some guy on youtube Trashed his jeep because he was sick of the dealerships run around, It's bad when they let customers down like that.

Goldchaser1 said:
savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:
savage bitter said:
Ridge Runner said:

where are you at savage up alice way or something?
Quilpie Qld.

Latest posts