Batteries and Bluetooth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be the third season we have been using Li-Po Batteries and Bluetooth for the ML5000. Now be careful Li-Pos's need very careful management. They can and have caused serious fires.

With Li-Po,s, as used in drones etc, they can be managed safely - the main trick is to only balance charge them with a low current. I will leave further important info to the many experts.

Anyway their light weight means they can be attached directly to the detector. A huge advantage.
We use 2250 mAh batteries which last for a decent amount of time. We also carry one or two spares.

We also use Bluetooth, both headphones or speaker. Will be trying out bone conducting headphones as well, soon.

Li-Pos and Bluetooth allow the detector to be handles with plenty of freedom.
Also with the Dinkum Swinger set up it means that "old bones" can handle the gear comfortably, until the big one shouts.

Attached are a couple of images of the "Charging Octopus"
This set up saves a lot of mucking about charging Li-Po's , Bluetooth and CB Radios etc.

Enjoy

1557704847_paust_octapus_.jpg

1557704847_paust_octapus_a_.jpg

Anybody tried to hookup a detector using a bluetooth sender on their detector to a hands free earpiece used for a mobile phone?
Would a Minelab sender patch to such an earpiece - anybody tried this?

MarcusAureas said:
Anybody tried to hookup a detector using a bluetooth sender on their detector to a hands free earpiece used for a mobile phone?
yes !

too much delay , no good :N:

ctxkid said:
MarcusAureas said:
yes !

too much delay , no good :N:

Thanks - was wondering if that was the issue - cheers

the only thing i found good enough was a fm radio transmitter , transmiting to my phone, that worked awesome but battery life was the issue !
but as i wrote the last line i figured how i could fix it , but now i use a Pro Sonic, so no need
1559535249_ml.jpg

G,day
We have been using "Bluetooth" for four years now and have not noticed any lag (latency)
A simple harness from the GPX5000 to a LiPo battery and a simple bluetooth transmitter is used.
Various bluetooth receivers are used: Speakers, headphones and boneheadphones.
These all work well as far as the audio goes but I have in mind a littlemore simplicity regarding charging etc
We are in the bush at the moment however if anyone wants more info, I will pull our carrier pidgeon out of its cage!
Regards
Dinkum

Thanks Dinkum - yes wireless is the way to stay tangle free - niw what are you feeding your pigeons in camp and whos
collecting the messages??? Cheers

G,day MA
Telstra now handle the pidgeon messages at an exoebidant rate.!!!!! 1

Latest posts