Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iamagoldenoldie2 said:
the latest NAPFA newsletter has been released, interesting reading on how busy the committee has been on behalf of NAPFA members and nonmembers, judging from some comments posted on this forum, their must be a few that are non members , perhaps you might have to be an association member to get a permit to prospect, now that would be something,

Your spot on and quite right in what you say. To stay up to date become a member of NAPFA is the way I see it. :Y:

Really disappointed they did this, been high banking for 20 years and you cant see where i have been if you go back to the old places, load of bs from greens pressure i am guessing, will keep and eye on this tread thanks to all that are trying to change this stupid rule. Cheers

Yeah mate very disappointing,I spent a couple of hundred dollars and probably 2 months putting a highbanker together only to have it banned within 6 months of finishing it.Only got to use it 3 times,just sitting in the shed gathering dust now.All thanks to a decision made by people sitting behind a desk who have probably never stepped foot into the bush and have no idea what we do out there.

Sorry been put of the loop.for a while when did high banking become illegal. What is the punishment for using one and what are we going to do about it.

It's been a long time since I have been on hear and to see that nothing absolutely nothing has changed or done about lifting the ban on high banking. It seems that NAPFA have done nothing but boosted membership and built up there kitty with ther propaganda tactics and people believing that they are doing something about it what a load of BS nothing has been done.....

Rusty22 said:
It's been a long time since I have been on hear and to see that nothing absolutely nothing has changed or done about lifting the ban on high banking. It seems that NAPFA have done nothing but boosted membership and built up there kitty with ther propaganda tactics and people believing that they are doing something about it what a load of BS nothing has been done.....

When Napfa gets new areas opened up to members do they invite us to go for a swing or do they nip in there at the crack of dawn on the first day to make sure the nuggets are all in their correct position in the ground ?

Who are the first people in to the new areas ?

I agree . I heard all the talk of action but seen jack sheet results . Whats really going on ?

We are all ears.

Rusty22 said:
Yes who does get to go in. I thought that NAPFA are there for the hobby as a whole not just it's members.

I was a member but felt I was being left in the dark, I had to go digging for info about new areas opened up to prospectors after lobbying by NAPFA

And I have never yet been to any such areas .

According to NAPFA in 2017 To our knowledge there has never been an infringement or prosecution, despite regular field inspection of activities by NSW Fisheries, Parks, DRE and local government staff. This further supports our view that the intention was never to curtail very low impact, short term activities, and that sluicing and high banking activities using pumps, meets other legislation and current expectations.

Seems to me that providing high banking is low impact and short term there is zero chance of being prosecuted in the very rare likelihood of any authority taking any action against an individual. Likewise zero chance of confiscation of equipment. Providing that no other law is broken, trespass; offensive noise etc and fossickers comply with all the other requirements of the Mining Regulation 2016 under clause 12; after completion of the work, the soil, rock or other material is replaced in order to reconstruct the original soil profile etc, using a high banker would be risk free.

CreviceSucker said:
Rusty22 said:
Yes who does get to go in. I thought that NAPFA are there for the hobby as a whole not just it's members.

I was a member but felt I was being left in the dark, I had to go digging for info about new areas opened up to prospectors after lobbying by NAPFA

And I have never yet been to any such areas .

How is that NAPFA's fault? :rolleyes:
Any so called new areas are available to anyone (NAPFA member or not) who chooses to get off their bum, do some research & get out there.
You blokes expect an excort & x marks the spot for being a member. Jokers.
Information is frustratingly slow at times but I have had a few emails as a member from NAPFA about this. Maybe they should drop it all together - ungrateful drips

Guys keep in mind just what NAFPA has had to deal with in the above quest. They are up against the best of the best and are given them a run for there money. It is more than likely we will never get the pumps reinstated. But this was the test case for the bigger pitcher just to see how much opposition would be encountered. Which and I feel detecting is in that pitcher as well. At this stage if you withdraw your support from NAFPA and I feel as a collective we will be making a very big mistake. Just the way I see the situation
Jemba.

Please every one involved with our hobby join up with NAPFA , it can all be done online and is now simpler than ever. $25 is bugger all.
http://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html

Firstly can I say I have no involvement with them apart from my proud membership but I feel some people have the wrong impression about them.
It is NOT a club for members only ..EVERYTHING THEY DO is for all fossickers in ACT/NSW even if you decide not to join.
Being a member for several years now I have had the benefits and privilege of reading what NAPFA has and is doing behind the scenes.
Things such as land access, TSR's etc and most prodiminately high bankers. They have made some major inroads in regards to the later just recently but to honestly understand what they have achieved you really need to read through their documentation and research going back over a decade to get to where they are today.
Trust me when I say the people representing us all are unbelievablly impressive in their knowledge and ability to fight what seems to be an unwinnable fight and something we should bless.
So please everyone , for $25 get onboard get the full story and feel part of saving our hobby for future generations and not sit back being critical without knowing the facts of what is being done behind the scenes
Thanks Everyone :cool:

Rejoined.

$25 bucks and and perhaps a chance of dusting off my highbanker, I m in!!!

There will always be non union members that reap the benefits of paid members but thats life hey!

Thats my opinion only, it may differ from yours. There is no debate here just my thoughts.

RS

Because everyone wants your money and small dollars combine over the course of a year to add up to big dollars, the automatic questions that would come to the mind of most people are:

Selfish - what's in it for me?

Association transparency and member concern - where does my money go?

Does my piddly $25 do any good?

Patience - If I join so we can get highbankers back in or some other action, but years later there has been no result, despite lobbying hard, what then?

I am going to join this week, but I've asked myself these questions much. I want highbanking back in, so I'll take the plunge as an act of faith.

Baz.

Sandbagger said:
Because everyone wants your money and small dollars combine over the course of a year to add up to big dollars, the automatic questions that would come to the mind of most people are:

Patience - If I join so we can get highbankers back in or some other action, but years later there has been no result, despite lobbying hard, what then?

I am going to join this week, but I've asked myself these questions much. I want highbanking back in, so I'll take the plunge as an act of faith.

Baz.

After the last AGM I lost a bit of faith, for reasons i won't go into, and for now my membership has lapsed. Im hoping it wont be a permanant thing because it's something I'd like to support.
I would still encourage those who are considering it to join and help the NAPFA numbers grow.

Sandbagger said:

Baz.
I think a lot of your question can be answered here:
https://www.napfa.net/default.html
There are contact links on the website also.
NAPFA are a not for profit group. All committee members are volunteers. (in case anyone was wondering).

CreviceSucker said:
Rusty22 said:

When Napfa gets new areas opened up to members do they invite us to go for a swing or do they nip in there at the crack of dawn on the first day to make sure the nuggets are all in their correct position in the ground ?

Who are the first people in to the new areas ?

I agree . I heard all the talk of action but seen jack sheet results . Whats really going on ?

We are all ears.
I realise this post is a bit old but I'd still like to clarify a few misconceptions.
When you hear things like new areas opened up it isnt a little back block or padlock but whole country shires that were locked up because of things such as exploratory mining leases over 100's of square km's . Public land in areas like Hillend and Hargraves for example were and still are under EML's and fossickers were removed from many areas by company officials . NOW those such areas can be freely used unharassed because of the direct involvement of NAPFA and councils they approached and lobbyed in many country towns in NSW to overturn the laws.. :Y:

Latest posts