Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I have a couple of MineLabs, and when I tested the ALDI MD that I also bought, it worked well, and what the MineLab found, the ALDI MD found, as long as it was not too deep. It is a great MD for that price. My grandson will love it! I agree that the DISC and NOTCH either don't work well or I need to practice with it.

The ALDI MD is great value especially for that price.... it is also very light!

Thanks mbasko - great video link :lol:

Did a bit of lounge room testing and now have my discrimination adding value.

Still getting some inconsistent readings on same targets, but think I am off my L's and on to my P's with this machine now.

Still some left at Belrose Aldi if anyone still on the hunt for one 8)

Hi Mbasko many thanks for your time in doing the video on this detector, sure seems like it will do the job well. :cool:

Maybe none hangin in the trees after all ! (excellent vid )

ALDO strikes again..... Do you name your detector?

Went back to the park, hit the grass for 20 mins with the discriminator on, got a couple of ring pulls so notched the discriminator up a bit more.

Can anyone identify the coin on the right, have made a few rubbings to try and highlight the details

Thought I may have dug up a silver 1st LT bar as I had just found a dime but as it only has a single pin (broken off), it doesn't match the us ww2 era pin style on the internet. Maybe a cuff link ?..???

Not sure about the other one, looks a bit tarnished to be what I would like it to be. Dig tool scratch is the right colour but so is brass. :(

1389090829_image.jpg

gtol29 said:
Hi Mbasko many thanks for your time in doing the video on this detector, sure seems like it will do the job well. :cool:
I didn't make the video. Found it looking at something else & thought it might be useful. Put it up in a rush sorry - should have added some words at the time. Apologies to the maker of the video & all. :8

Hey Scotto I put some stuff in GARRETT ACE 250 QUESTION that you might find interesting, 6 months in it should be right down your alley !!!

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon.
Picked up a couple this morning
Aldi next to DFO at Moorabin Airport.
They still have over a dozen left.

Some one on here said said they were similar to the jack lange version, I hope not because I've had a jack lange and so has a mate and they both have packed it in. Mine I only used a few times.
:) Mick

Now I really need some advice.......

Nugget looks natural with ironstone inclusions, but may not be able to discount a fire produced alloy or a smelting off cast.

Definitely not your golden triangle yellow as I am about 1,000kms from where all the fun is. Local geology is broken down ironstone, sandstone but have come across a bit of rough edged quartz, I had assumed, up to now, it had been imported at some stage. Area was farmland pre 1950's but original land was purchased with gold sovereigns by someone lucky enough to have toiled in the golden triangle before it was known by that name.

Looks like it has an extremely high copper content. Allbrite brings the copper oxide reaction to the surface but it shone bright yellow within the first couple of seconds of emersion. Scratch results in bright yellow and buffing brings up a 18k gold colour. It has good weight about it but I don't have an appropriately sized reference sample to compare against.

Looking for some thoughts on this one.

1389145698_image.jpg

can't leave this one alone

Gave it a quick bath in hydrochloric acid, embedded stone looks more granite-like.

Still has copper dusting surface straight from bath

1389154617_image.jpg

But with a quick finger rub, it comes off

1389154684_image.jpg

Other side - might have to call it the "moby-dick nugget"

1389154785_image.jpg

Anyone come across a similar specimen .?????

Hi Guys

just for those still looking for the MD from aldi... Bankstown had 9 when i went in last night,,,, but only 8 when i left,,,lol
so a few still available there

a noob for all this so love reading through the topics

Latest posts