lease ground for fossickers at clermont

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellers, has anyone been fossicking on the chapman lease at clermont in qld,i do not have a gold detector so information i am after, is there any area there suitable for panning,any info on panning would be great thanks

Im not sure about the Chapman Lease as I have never been there but I did see some exposed bedrock in some of the creeks toward the northern end of McMasters GPA. The creeks are usually dry, so youd have to bucket the material and wash in one of the water holes.

Hope this helps.

Hi dinger were thinking of heading up that way next week,are you getting a lot of rain there at the moment, had a look on the idiot box this morning when got home from the dawn service they said they were getting up to 100mm around clermont today plus what they got last couple of days,might be a bit too wet to get in there.

Not knowing anything about the Chapman Lease, as he doesn't answer his Email nor his phone message bank, could someone enlighten me as to how far out of Clermont this lease is, as it may be easier staying in the park if only a short distance to drive each day, as I can put up with my own stink but 5 days without a shower .... phew! :argh:

Or is there another place to take my camper van close enough that may have at least a swimming hole to freshen up in each day or two.

Cheers
Stuart :coffee:

Hi stufire_smokey,the chapman lease is outside the birimgan east boundry,it is off brigalow road,he sent me a mud map of how to get there but is as clear as mud,could have been one of the 4 properties out there that is his was not game to tow a caravan there without being sure which was his,have not been there, so cannot help much further :beer:

stufire_smoky said:
Not knowing anything about the Chapman Lease, as he doesn't answer his Email nor his phone message bank, could someone enlighten me as to how far out of Clermont this lease is, as it may be easier staying in the park if only a short distance to drive each day, as I can put up with my own stink but 5 days without a shower .... phew! :argh:

Or is there another place to take my camper van close enough that may have at least a swimming hole to freshen up in each day or two.

Cheers
Stuart :coffee:

Use a few packs of Baby wipes. IT\t will get you through.

Latest posts