Swing Arm For GPX4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate I bought one on ebay that has the triangle on the end as a handle...use it with a hip stick and it works a treat. I also have osteo in the shoulder and can go for ages now.

Jack

I just knocked one up from 20mm Orange Electric conduit, Cut a suitable length; split down the middle 150mm at one end, heat gun and spread in a Y to fit 100mm of 3/4 garden hose for hand grip; drill holes in end of conduit and cable tie the garden hose into the Y . BCF has fittings for boat canopies in plastic to suit the knuckle for the Detector shaft.

Well an update:
Tried Old Hands V connection and with the Hip stick I went out today and was much better.

Got the Hip stick from Gold search- really good value and much cheaper than others on sale.
Set up Old Hands V with bunjy and I cannot believe the difference.

So thanks so much to all those who contributed to make my prospecting less of an issue on my shoulder.

As I said, went out today for 5 hours and feeling really good. No gold but loads of bullets and iron.

Thanks so much you dont know what this means to me.

Cheers HH

Good to see that you have sorted it out ,I do not use a hip stick if you have a good look at the photo you will see a bar that goes from one shoulder strap to the other ,I feel with that the weight I taken on both shoulders and not just on one regards john :Y:

old hand said:
yes I understand where you are coming from HH we had the same trouble ,we ended up using 2 bungee cords 1 mounted in the normal spot and the other mounted between the handle and the detector box joined together where they hook onto your harness ,I made a bar with a V in the middle for the hook to go into this way the bungee cords are pulling in the middle of your chest it make a triangle regards john

Yeah after a closer look this would suit me more. I'll give it a go.

Thanks.
Dan

Latest posts