Wanted Rooster Booster for GPX 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomadz

Stephen Bergman
Reaction score
Looking to buy a Rooster Booster (or similar) for my GPX 5000 if anyone has a spare second hand one or new from supplier. plus postage to Canberra.
Unsure if these are still available or been replaced with a newer design.

Regards Steve

I've never used a Rooster Booster Nomadz so I can't compare, but I have run a SteelPhase sP01 on my last couple of expeditions. I found some lead about 8" or 10" down in ground so hard I got excited realizing that the ground had either never been dug or not dug for a long, long time. Before I dug it out I tried the signal response without the sP01, and then with the sP01 on positions 1, 2, and then 3 (I came across the signal using the sP01 set on 3). It liked position 3 so much so that the signal stood out clearly. I could still hear it without the sP01, but there was a lot more background noise along with it. I guess if it had have been a smaller and/or deeper target that may have been the difference between hearing it with the sP01 or not hearing it at all.

I've got a rooster booster that I don't use now as I mainly use a 7000. When I first got it I took it to an old patch and got 6 targets with it, all gold but tiny. I then disconnected the booster and could only hear 3 of the targets, so they do help. wiley.

Mrs Redfin has been using one for many years, wouldn't be without it and she finds more than I.

wiley coyote said:
I've got a rooster booster that I don't use now as I mainly use a 7000. When I first got it I took it to an old patch and got 6 targets with it, all gold but tiny. I then disconnected the booster and could only hear 3 of the targets, so they do help. wiley.
Thanks Wiley...you looking to sell it if so message me price and location for pickup or postage

Regards Steve

Deepseeker said:
I've never used a Rooster Booster Nomadz so I can't compare, but I have run a SteelPhase sP01 on my last couple of expeditions. I found some lead about 8" or 10" down in ground so hard I got excited realizing that the ground had either never been dug or not dug for a long, long time. Before I dug it out I tried the signal response without the sP01, and then with the sP01 on positions 1, 2, and then 3 (I came across the signal using the sP01 set on 3). It liked position 3 so much so that the signal stood out clearly. I could still hear it without the sP01, but there was a lot more background noise along with it. I guess if it had have been a smaller and/or deeper target that may have been the difference between hearing it with the sP01 or not hearing it at all.
Good to hear the boosters make a difference...was that through speakers or output to your headset? I am still using the Koss headset at the moment..

Regards Steve

It was through my sunray headphones. It actually turned out to be a piece of lead (I found a few and I can't actually recall whether it was the 1cm ball I found or one of the .22 bullet heads). I like the sP01 as it's more than just a booster for volume for my lousy hearing, it has 3 sound filters which I suppose act a bit like a Graphic Equalizer allowing you to clean up the signal to suit your own hearing.

wiley coyote said:

I was just reading you post and would like to know if you are interested in selling your rooster booster as I would like to buy it from you pls thank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts