240v Charger For GPX4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering why my charger did not light up the battery, after a close look at the charger end I saw the broken wire just as it leaves the cover grommit. Very small wire and piss poor cable cover. :poop: The cable should have a lot heavier plastic protection than this set up. Has anyone else had a problem? soldered it up and shrink raped plus tape about 2" down the cable give or take a mill.

yep, on a lantern charger, same problem, tho I didn't assault mine (shrink raped) :eek: lol
I cut the soft plastic grommet/short stem off, shrink wrapped it with 2 layers, inner one 50mm & outer one about 35mm, then put a rubber grommet in the case & glued the cable in with silicone. about 4years ago & its still going strong :Y:

We never charged our machines with 240 chargers, only 12v and believe that is why batterys were still so strong 10 plus years later and holding charge as if they were new. I think this has been mentioned before on one of the forums.

travelergold said:
We never charged our machines with 240 chargers, only 12v and believe that is why batterys were still so strong 10 plus years later and holding charge as if they were new. I think this has been mentioned before on one of the forums.
Be more likely to do with having a good charging regime :Y: .
The 240v step down charger is only 24v 1amp output & the charge/protection circuit is inside the battery itself. Each cell will only charge to ~4.2v regardless.
(GPX battery has 6 cells - 2S3P li ion)

Latest posts