Gold Rush TV Series information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1508420398_tony-quotes-1.jpg

Great show can't wait.

This is my first weekend not sluicing in months.

Withdrawals :brokenh:

Yeah I have no love or loyalty to Foxtel, they are outright greed mongers, 3x more expensive than their nearest competitor. I do subscribe to Netflix & Stan but Foxtel price themselves out of most peoples budgets.

They promised a cheaper service with Foxtel Now and I did sign up for it but by the time to get the packages most people would want to get you are no better off than their old service. Soon disconnected after a 2 week trial.

Gold Rush is still enjoyable, however these days it seems to focus on drama more than the actual mining operation. It's all Parker vs Todd Hoffman, I actually prefer "Yukon Gold" sure they are much smaller operations, but they show much more about the mining side of getting the gold out of the ground and less scripted drama, and no powder sniffing, burger eating, scam artists.

Highbanking, Torrent watching Outlaw.........

Been watching old croc gold. That show hurts my brain. More talk about crocodiles then actual gold mining!

Aussie gold hunters is a great show.

Gold rush is more of a staple.

:lol: My Daughter works for Foxtel :lol: .... And Yes I get it for free.... No complaints from me, They can replay repeats and put adds on all day... Doesn't worry Me.. ]:D

LW..... :rainbow:

Typically crusher is run when there is a high % of rocks containing gold. IE in a reef claim/mine. In an alluvial mine, that rock containing gold is blended with tones of Country rock (granite,sandstone, Mudstone,whatever) as such the gold obtained from the effort of crushing x amount of rock is not worth it.

Eski said:
Typically crusher is run when there is a high % of rocks containing gold. IE in a reef claim/mine. In an alluvial mine, that rock containing gold is blended with tones of Country rock (granite,sandstone, Mudstone,whatever) as such the gold obtained from the effort of crushing x amount of rock is not worth it.
Interestingly that assumption does not always work. I have sampled dumps where all "unmineralised" boulders, containing no quartz, average 3 to 40 g/t gold. It appears that they simply did not check in some cases (also, most alluvial mines lacked a crusher on site).

Agree with that goldie. My Assumption is that most run on assumption....... but realistically what were the dumps you were sampling. were they consistent results/from a modern plant? were the rocks washed properly?

I guess each particular case is different and each particular mine has to make up it's own mind (based on testing/research or Not)

A lot of what they are processing are tailings from the old dredges that
were not very efficient.
Tony showed that in last years episodes where they modified the sluices.

Yes, They do come across some virgin ground where the dredges missed
and the results are spectacular.

crushing circuits cost money...it all comes down to a question of economics.
Good grade control in alluvial operations is a very difficult thing to achieve....most of the time it's tonnage=return

Latest posts