Coin identification

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this on the beach in FNQ. Very high conductive at good depth but sounds like a cheap alloy. I've checked google but didn't find any leads. Interested if anyone else can figure its origin.
1556161717_resized_20190425_130652_3557.jpg

1556161717_resized_20190425_130628_9406.jpg

Well I showed an Indian couple the coin and they confirmed it was a Hindu temple token and immediately said it would be silver. Hmmm the CTX maxed out on conductivity so maybe its not a cheap alloy after all.

Never know what you will find....

From what I could find from 4 hours of searching the web these modern temple tokens are silver plated. Still got to have Silver to keep the Gods happy but keep it as cheap as possible. This would explain your readings. Silver plated alloy.

Yup. Thats what I figured. Just didn't make the right sound when you tap it. Sounds more like a car wash token... but more conductive than I would expect.

Rings up 33 on the wife's eqinox so maybe not as high as I remembered but a good silver number for a plated coin. All good fun. Was a good evening out with some gold too on the most unassuming beach with minimal modern day activity.

Latest posts