Tumbarumba Sapphires

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i am hoping to get down to Parsons Gully in the next week or so and although i have been there several times over the last 30 years i have never tried Paddys river whilst in the area. From what i read it seems that Ruby Creek and Paddys river are worth a try. Can anyone tell me if access to Ruby creek is possible from public roads or would i need to approach a landowner? any starting points in that area would be appreciated. Also has anyone ever tried Paddys river just south of Paddys river dam? this area is very close to Parsons so i am wondering if the gems ran that way or only started further south. According to one of the geographic papers they also mention Sapphires starting south of Laurel Hill but i cannot see any more info regarding that, perhaps that was through private property that some mention is now hard to access. cheers Mick.

I tried accessing Ruby crk from the Cabrra rd but found it hard going. Most other access to the creeks throughout the Bago SF will be met with blackberries.

Hey if you try to access ruby crk through Elliott way its a bit easier you do have to go past a house but the forest is Hume forest. I've tried ruby crk a couple of times got some nice sapphires out of it. Also paddies flats is a good spot for sapphires and topaz.

Latest posts