The Wifes revenge....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOL

I kicked the wife and Kato out a few weeks ago. :Y:
It was a very successful weekend over-nighter for them, the wife see's the benefit of such times now.

The other kids and I packed up in just a few minutes, love my Aldi 6 person tents (x2)

We camp as often as we can, so its on this weekend, and another in a week and a bit.

All 6 of us, and another family - single Dad, his daughter and her friend.
We will be 3 nights and the others will arrive the second day, so we will leave on Tuesday all together.
Heading to Wallaroo SA, for some fishing and beach air, detecting, snoring etc.

Got the gold nuggets ready for the kids to dig up... with a scoop and pinpointer

1555063856_nuggets.jpg

BUT my wife has to work on Tuesday so she will be leaving me with all the 4 kids to feed and entertain, on Monday.
So she has planned her revenge. O:)

Then in a week I will be taking all the kids away for a few more nights on the river, my wife cant come at all to that.
4 girls, 14, 9, 8, 3.
:( Why does my head hurt so much when I think about it ? :playful:

I KNOW that one will be interesting, maybe we will get to go and play with some farm equipment.....
or quads, spotlighting animals in paddocks, who knows.
Just dont tell the wife I wont be feeding them... ;)

The batteries are fine, and inexpensive.

Headlamps and led light bulbs, are the go for camping kids, I have the habit of Christmas lights over the tents or gazebo.
Kids cant miss that tent.

LOL

Cheap uhf walkies talkies are good too. 500 milliwatt jobs

silver said:
Kmarts usually have headlamps for $4 each... and bunnings has AAA's for just under $10 for 24 batterieshttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1555067036_screenshot_2019-04-12-21-02-12.jpg

The Wifes Revenge worked. :rolleyes:

Miss 3 was pestering me to "go to the toilet" at about 4am, I dressed got the key and away we went.
Back in the tent, in bed, head on pillow and not 5 min later "got to go to the toilet" with a tap on the shoulder too.

As my wife was leaving, I told her the daughter Miss 3 could share the Queen quilt and mattress, some things could go home with her.

Back in the tent, in bed, settling down to sleep, "I have to go to the toilet", honestly I thought I was going to flush her down it!!
This time it was No.2's and wee.

I'm getting frustrated and losing good sleep, Miss 3 seems to be playing games with me, it looked like she was enjoying the
different environment of the Men's, and the 'holding handrails' in the toilet, she was swinging back and forth on them.

BACK in bed, and she started chatting, just would not shut up.... and about 15min later.... she said those words...I told her to do it in the nappy,
OH NO that didnt work, we have been toilet training her, so her responds was.. "NO I want toilet !!" and to burst into loud tears.
As soon as I got up and threw my t-shirt on again, she was up and happy.
BACK out and into the toilet, some wee and a No.2 again (where is this all coming from!!), wash hands and back to bed.

She kept talking, nudging me, hitting my back, climbed on top and jumped on me. I was so... out of it I still fell asleep,
didnt care if she woke the entire caravan park ! OR drew the attention of police that occasionally drive thru there (issues with local kids and theft)

Dont know if she slept or was awake until the other kids got up in the other tent, I was stuffed !!

WIFE'S REVENGE, still dont think its true ??

BUT the previous day was just so good, the Wife missed out, Miss 3 tried her hand at fishing, and she was getting smashed by Trumpeter,
a crap fish and real pest here but great for kids to get experiences.
This little midget was getting double headers, 4 in a row, then singles, and cranking them out of the water with all her might.
She was squealing with joy and delight, after they were off the hook.. "Do it again ?"... two hours of this, happy dances, neighbours not getting bites
trying to emulate my Miss 3, just so good.

The joy of simple fishing, and a young heart.

I was amazed at her focus and quick learning of 'snagging' the bite, concentrating on the pencil float, waiting patiently for it to go under,
patient for re-baiting the hook, no fights or tantrums, and the pure joy of telling everyone how big her fish was and how many she caught.
The neighbours were cheering for her as she reeled in another double header - so proud she was. :)

And Blue Swimmer Crabs, she will carry them to throw them back when they are undersize, Dec 2018 she was nipped, but it didnt stop her,
she was walking past adults that could not believe their eyes, throwing back crabs only 5mm undersize by herself with no fear.

A good trade off, for some lost sleep. :Y: :clap:

"Welcome back to Part 2 of Wife's revenge"

This WEEK we headed up to Mannum on the Murray River, the wife could not stay because of work again, so she towed some of the kids up
and assisted to setup camp.
Unfortunately she had to head off before it got too dark and the Roo's came out to play, so she missed out on some great chicken wings
cooked over an open fire on a grill rack, just salt and pepper. Crispy skin good flavour, kids liked it and I nearly missed out.
There I was again, by myself with 4 girls. :8

We had a neighbour that was up for some boating, with family to arrive next day.
As usual we had some conversation while both bumming around the camps and getting entertainment ready for kids.

I took up lots of campfire wood and soon had the kids building a fire to cook with, later to sit around before bed.
After eating we went to the pub, ice cream for 3 kids cost $25 - last time I get caught by that pub, we played some 8 ball then went back to camp.
Some fire watching, sky watching, then they hopped into bed and did some reading and games before falling asleep, it was getting cold but
they were well catered for to stay warm.

Wife called from the 'Bridge' as I asked, to tell me there was a near miss with a Roo. Later to tell me she just missed a goat
crossing the Freeway at Mt Barker, then to tell me she was home and it was strangely TOO quiet.......

Next day more arrived next door, but it was cool, both sides with kids and both camps mixing a bit.
Up in the morning to start the campfire and feed kids, two (8&9yrs) on bikes, Miss 3 running along side (she didnt want to ride),
Kato detecting, leaving me to fish a little before the neighbour started family boating with a tube.
First day was casual day, but I still got the kids to cook and do dishes, and then we caught up with some friends so that we could go detecting and
spotlighting on their land for animal observation.
Kato found some cool things in about 20 minutes, then we checked out the new 'super highway' being constructed and drove some of the perimeter
fence line to find a Shepard dog racing out of the scrub to us, it was friendly and had a collar so we got it into the car and drove to a spot where we
could call the property owner and maybe find out who owned it and return it.
Got the dog home and maybe have a new contact to foster for more buildings to detect on the neighbours land O:) :Y:

Went back to camp and got a feed into us, then headed out again to look for hoppers and other four footed animals.
The girls loved seeing Roo's, Rabbits, Hares, and then sightings slowed down and was cold, so back to camp.

Last day, fire started, kids cooking, some more bikes and then some boating too, our neighbours invited the girls to go 'tubing' and go for some
Ski boat runs and we accepted quickly.
They had a grand time and after that we finished packing and left.
Funny how kids can have the run of a campground with no ill will and sharing is the word of the day, thats how I remember it as a child.

Wife at work, and as soon as we got home unpacked partly then a while later finished the job, all the kids pitched in, even Miss 3 would not be left out,
she had some big jobs for a little kid, all in her stride.

Clean up today, and some revision with the Missus :cool:

Kato is researching her finds and we will post that later -

All in all another good camp, but would be better if the wife was there and it was for the whole week. ;)

No, we are not financial enough for that anymore, it's not cheap for a family of 6.

BUT we have stayed many time across the river in Boiler Reserve and Haythorpes Reserve, Boiler is turning right as you come off the ferry,
Haythorpes is left. only $10 per night per car.

Even when we had more income, we tend to enjoy grass, birds, water and a tent with campfire - its stress free.
Showers are not important, there is the river, and both Reserves now have toilets.
Kids can wander and you can chat to neighbours.

Ahhh... " How's the Serenity "
:)

Do you know the Park owners or something ?

Manpa said:
Hey GH, did you stay in the caravan park by the ferry?

So here is the magic of Camping....

There is every chance that you can make new friends, the first Guy I was chatting with asked me for my contact number
to keep in touch and invite us when they are coming up next for a camp.

May never happen, but the point is you can make new friends. :)

No, don't know them, the park gets good reviews. Interesting you mention the campgrounds, have had a look at them but never stayed there, yet.
Cheers

Latest posts