Ebay MD3030 PRO Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to give swinging a wand around a go, thinking about wandering beaches with it to see how I like it. Its about a week away but Ill try review it as I go. It was cheap and not expecting to find much with it but I think toe dipping with this will let me know if Im keen to continue or not. If I find something itll be a bonus, really its just an excuse to go to the beach more :lol: and picnics with the family.

Look forward to your review.
My first detector was a $18 job from the local newsagents about 20 years ago. Found $2.05 in the local play areas at some parks. Was enough to get me interested in the hobby and i haven't looked back.
People may knock it and tell you that you get what you pay for, but at the end of the day if its what you can afford and you're having fun thats all that matters.
Enjoy

Yeah dont know about the 3030 but I started with a radio shack (dick smith) many years ago. Paid for itself many times over. I have had many different detectors since. Best of luck on your journey ahead. BEWARE highly addictive. Cheers

It arrived today and just finished the unboxing. First glance, its really light so hopefully get a few hours of swinging done before it feels like my arms going to fall off. Its made of light weight thin gauge materials has pros and cons but I dont have any plans to use it like a club so think itll be ok. Next thing is to give it a go after work tomorrow in the backyard or around the corner at the park in the sand around the play equipment if the rain holds off. The destructions are in easy to read English and fairly clear on the use of the machine.

Overall my first impression is that I paid for what I got, the next step is to swing it around and see if it actually can find something at the claimed depths.

Stay tuned for more once I get a few trips out with it

Latest posts