SDC 2300 8" coil re-fitter.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lateagain

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my version of a fitting to re-attach the 8 inch sdc 2300 coil after it has been removed to use the coiltek larger coils.

1555897609_dscf1835.jpg

1555897627_dscf1836.jpg

It was originally a 2 inch plastic pipe, flattened out and then formed around a 25mm section of RHS with a 32mm wide U shaped former and the heat gun, careful sawing and fitting.

1555897806_dscf1837.jpg

1555897831_dscf1838.jpg

To gain some strength a section of 25mm square Cat 5 cable protector was glued inside the section that I made and extended up the lower section of the coil extension arm so as to give it more stability. I also glued another section in the middle of the square section so it would not crush the lower coil extension arm when bolted up. When done up with 50mm plastic bolts x 2 it feels as solid as when it is in its original place.

Now when we go looking for the gold we have the original 8 inch coil, waiting for a 14 x 9 coil to arrive with fitting kit, these can be interchanged either way in about 10 minutes at most and the GPX4500 with a number of coils, so if there was anything in the ground when we arrive, hopefully it will not be there when we leave. The cable of the 8 inch coil will be held with sections of velcro and cable ties as it still has a lot of tension when it is extended out, same as when originally fitted. Not going to make any more, I only need ONE.

Graham

Looks good, any way it can be achieved is good, might be done on a 3d printer, has nice clean edges. No signs of nice blue glue like there was on mine :Y: :Y: had to paint it to cover it all up.

Graham

Latest posts