Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been using the gold monster now for 3 months its paid for its self 5 times over
When I first bought it I started flooding my skull with how to use vids on YouTube..while at first they were informative I was soon shocked to see that most vids on YouTube were far from the truth
The first week I followed what was published both by minelab and from fellow users :(
I was finding gold but was finding that I was missing much more.
I re visited old ground I had detected determined to persist ground noise and ground balancing
Running the Gold Monster full noise 10 sensitivity and all metal mode I was soon realising that all the vids I watched were very wrong
I was picking up gold everywhere..yes ground noise is fing annoying and non stop in highly mineralised ground but the reward has been unbelievable
Learning the sounds and tones given off by a clean gold target .things only got better..moving to the small coil and hitting trashy well flogged ground the gold monster just got that much better... after learning the sounds I was now set to persist the trash and score the goods
Do not believe the ferrous non ferrous (indicator) bar as this is only a guide for you to decide wether to dig or let be
I have dug many targets that have come up as full iron only to dig down 4 inches to see the indication change to full non ferrous resulting in gold
In a nutshell this machine is underused by many users and will continue to do so ( I have not ground balanced nor changed the sensitivity for months) turn it on hold in the air for 15 seconds set to full sensitivity all metal mode no auto ...start swinging
Hope this helps people .. see all my pics and vids on insta #shokkyslave
If anyone has any questions I will answer be happy to answer

1555841463_img_20190421_163001_057.jpg

Hi

Interesting post Maccatuna. And hi all, my first posting on this forum.

I bought the GM 4 weeks ago and have had about 20 hrs on it. Like you, I followed all the online advice to run it in deep all metal, auto mode - and ground balance it too. Using this method I have found one small gold.

Lately I have been thinking that I have been walking over gold in auto mode and it doesnt seem right. However, the ground I cover in the Golden Triangle is very mineralised and the GM on level 10 manual screams all the time.

So what I have found on my last session is that if I run full auto level 12 it seems to be a compromise between manual 10 and auto. My theory is with level 12 full auto running and when I hit a target I switch to manual to check it out. I have tested this with a small speccy gold mixed in mineralised soil. Auto mode generally did not recognise the gold in the mineralised dirt but full auto (mostly) did. Did you try full auto this way?

Next time I am out I will try manual mode like you but my ear is not as tuned as yours so it will take time to separate constant noise vs gold.

Good work with your haul so far!

Nice work, I just got one, have only used it twice. First time I used auto. Did some air tests and found manual 10 gave more depth. Second time I ran on manual 10 mostly. But in deep all metal it goes off all the time on hot rocks, I ran in gold mode and it quietened the hot rocks down a lot. Maybe I should be running in deep all metal and just put up with the noise and try to learn the sounds. I noticed sometimes it makes a double-beep on an actual target. Have you got any more tips on the sounds it makes? cheers.

With double sounds I find that the signal is a long target...like a nail...try to run your machine on manual sensitivity...I wouldent do it any other way....u will get to know a good sound...if u run your machine on auto u will walk over many good targets...yes it barks and squawks non. Stop but after a few hours you will ignore most signal noises untill you hear a crisp clean one...(u cant miss it) ...no noise no gold...

Hey mate, Id be interested in seeing a video of the type of ground noise you are dealing with and then showing a good target signal coming through amongst it.

All the vids ive seen only show the good signal and the recovery and nothing leading up to it, Ive tried running flat out here in Vic and it just seems unbearable so it would be helpful to see how you go about it.

:Y:

Well done Maccatuna, and great photos mate. Those nuggies look beautiful :goldnugget: :Y: