Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spend a few hrs experimenting with discriminate.....no problems now.......can disc now and just cut out bottle tops and bottle lids steel........ring pull and $2 coins same reading.....bummer
Read the distructions then throw them away. Push disc then push disc/notch then +/- to adjust
To return to sensitivity mode just hit senc then +/- to adjust
Same with notch push notch then disc/notch +/- to adjust
no need to hold button down and push +/- at same time as book indicates
To return to all metal just push button
honestly this is a great starter dector for the newbies.

100 plus hrs for the AT Gold and still fudging it sometimes.

1.5 hrs with this little beauty and bingo works great.

Will check Tuggerah again tomorrow see if any are left.

I had a quick 10 minute play around with the Mother in laws Aldi detector this afternoon and here are my findings.

• Build Quality: Good, not too flimsy, no sharp edges etc.[/*]
  • Ease of use: Simple to use for an experienced detectorist, controls are simple enough so it shouldn't take a novice very long to get the hang of it.[/*]
  • Consistency: Seemed to vary, I noticed in Disc mode some targets wouldn't register at times as well as displaying inconsistently on the target ID scale. One in particular was a 50 cent piece, sometimes it would register and other times it wouldn't even make a tone, this is even though other targets were still registering fine. All Metal Mode was more consistent and responsive.[/*]
  • Depth: As advertised, around 18-20cm for a 50 cent piece.[/*]
  • Is it worth the money?: Yes I believe so, all and all it performs as you'd expect from a $100 machine.[/*]

As I said I only had a quick play so I didn't really get a chance to read the instructions or do any serious testing.

As a side note, my wedding ring registered the same as a modern ring pull, so it's probably best to dig that range ;)

Hi all, I purchased one on the way to a mates place in Wollongong, I was surprised at what you get for so little money, I went around my mates back yard and found bits of copper pipe, part of a die cast toy, and two 20c pieces, I can confirm that a 9 carat ring shows around screwcap and aluminium ring pull - its pretty good value for $100

Ian and I have joined the bandwagon and now have an Aldi detector as well. Plenty at Shellharbour and the Albion Park stores.
Just been practising with various things as have others on the forum.
Good luck to all
Donna
Ps Ian seems to have found the cold VB in the fridge with it :)

Quick hunt at the oval just up the road, only 40mins was getting sunburnt.

$4.50 and a bunch of junk. Not a bad little unit at all. Was not expecting it to be as good as it is. Will try the beach tomorrow if I get a chance.

1388905931_20140105_135707.jpg

Hi all

I bought one of these at Aldi Bayswater (VIC) today and took it down to Edithvale. I already owned a Tracker IV but was impressed by a youtube video review I saw of this detector. I hunted around on the beach for a several hours but found nothing of value, just some nails. I wonder whether they run machines over this beach to filter out needles, coins, trash etc?

I did finally manage to find $3 though. I found the coins on one of the paths leading from nearby streets down to the beach.

I suspect that I will need to think carefully about where to look for coins. The detector worked well though.

Thanks for helping me out Nugget, Heatho picked one up for me from his local store.

Very generous of you to go iut off your way for me Nugget and Heatho. Thanks again.

Tone

Look like Wam is going to be a popular guy answering all the questions from those who want to modify their Aldi machine

TenOunce Tone said:
Thanks for helping me out Nugget, Heatho picked one up for me from his local store.

Very generous of you to go iut off your way for me Nugget and Heatho. Thanks again.

Tone

No worries at all Tone, will post it off to you this morning. Hope you like it.

Lets hope that all their owners do the right thing and pick up all the ring pulls, tentpegs, iron, aluminium cans and rusty bits of wire so the rest of us can get down to business and find something decent. :)

good money in some scrap metal I get good money every year at Christmas selling my copper and brass scrap :) good money ;)

kleinman98 said:
Lets hope that all their owners do the right thing and pick up all the ring pulls, tentpegs, iron, aluminium cans and rusty bits of wire so the rest of us can get down to business and find something decent. :)

No Aldi here, or anywhere close to here, but I had the same thoughts, but then I thought, maybe my local sweeping spots will turn into the moon with holes everywhere too and the council gets the shits and gives everyone a kick in the arse.

I hope we don't have too many cowboys and cowgirls cutting up the place and making it bad for the rest of us.

BSellin said:
kleinman98 said:

No Aldi here, or anywhere close to here, but I had the same thoughts, but then I thought, maybe my local sweeping spots will turn into the moon with holes everywhere too and the council gets the shits and gives everyone a kick in the arse. Kk

I hope we don't have too many cowboys and cowgirls cutting up the place and making it bad for the rest of us.

That's what I was thinking the parks around my area are already full of dead plug holes ,hope they use there brains and have some respect and dig properly

Lets hope they get rid of all those bundy rum bottle tops too, they just get your heart rate up until you find you've done a deep and careful extraction of junk. it'd be all right if only it was still attached to a full bottle !

Yep, couldn't go past one myself.

After a back yard run that confirmed old concrete and copper coins are made of silver and silver rings are made of iron........ I parked it in the corner as a "I'll try it later - detector"

Anyway with 10 minutes of daylight left tonight I decided to give it a crack at the playground next door. The kids usually give this place a hit with my detector once a month, so was not expecting much.

Now.... For a $100 detector I must say it did exceptionally well, it yielded a net return of $4.25 in 10 minutes, that is equivalent to a 4.25% return. Better than money in the bank for the whole year, especially considering if I had kept going the potential return, based on my proven performance, would have been 612% for the day or a bit shy of $950k for the year.

A couple of good points;

Targets in all metal mode are loud and clear

Edging the detector close to the foundations picked up a coin previously missed at 6" deep with a mine lab. The poorer sensitivity does have some use.

Lightness (flimsy) construction enabled a quick and effective swing rate, perfect for quickly going over previously cleaned ground super fast

Takes up little room and weight, could be packed alongside socks and underwear in my carry-on luggage on otherwise uneventful work trips

A couple of bad points;

The discrimination translation from Chinese to German to US to Aust is a complete balls-up and only wastes ink on an otherwise simple instruction manual......it should simply say " turn it on all-metal and go" the screen sticker should read "dig every target...you never know!!"

The discrimination.......... is a waste of time

The discrimination.......... Is a waste of time

1389004398_image.jpg

Conclusion: what a great coin shooting detector for leaving in the back of the car or taking on holiday. :D and if you give it a good crack you could potentially retire with the proceeds. :cool:

Latest posts