Victorian Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not know it was lit delbrate

Sorry to here that

I take that back was trying to be fun y

Just a heads up there is a fire which is in the lerderderg Forrest area
Not yet contained
North of Greendale south of Blackwood
1548915707_screenshot_20190131-171441_samsung_internet.jpg

1548915779_screenshot_20190131-171522_samsung_internet.jpg

Ward69 said:
Thanks. The fireflights are down one super boomer. It crashed in dam around Gippsland

They Grounded the Fleet of Sky Cranes straight after that 'crash' then lifted the ban with-in hours.... Oops 'Pilot Error' it appears, after speaking with the pilot afterwards .. there has been a few crashes with them Overseas and most were due to pilot error... They are a great bit of Engineering but very hard to fly... I have seen a good show on How they are made and their uses...Unreal... The Sky Loggers are using them in Canada as well for pulling out the Logs on Mountain sides... Now that is scary...

LW....

Everyone heading to East Gippsland need to be aware that Fire Restrictions are now in place for the 19/20 season. So do the right thing and check out the weather report (make note of the wind direction and strength) and extinguish any camp fire ANY time you leave camp. Leaving your camp fire alight and unattended will see you cop a hefty fine. We were checked several times last year, all good no hassles but I've never been checked before so I'm thinking this will be the norm which isn't a bad thing.

1569392270_img_20190925_161444.jpg

RM Outback said:
Everyone heading to East Gippsland need to be aware that Fire Restrictions are now in place for the 19/20 season. So do the right thing and check out the weather report (make note of the wind direction and strength) and extinguish any camp fire ANY time you leave camp. Leaving your camp fire alight and unattended will see you cop a hefty fine. We were checked several times last year, all good no hassles but I've never been checked before so I'm thinking this will be the norm which isn't a bad thing.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1569392270_img_20190925_161444.jpg

Ha RM. its that normal ithis earlier in the season.

Ward69 said:
RM Outback said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1569392270_img_20190925_161444.jpg

Unfortunately for East Gippsland fire season has been cancelled this early for the last few seasons. Certainly a sign of how dry it is. Pretty sure last year it was called even earlier around the 10th of September from memory.

RM Outback said:
Ward69 said:
RM Outback said:

Unfortunately for East Gippsland fire season has been cancelled this early for the last few seasons. Certainly a sign of how dry it is. Pretty sure last year it was called even earlier around the 10th of September from memory.

Bloody spell check got me again :mad: was meant to say.

Unfortunately for East Gippsland fire season has been called this early for the last few seasons.

I feel for everyone affected up north :( such a difficult time when fires do get out of control :N: The best we can hope for is everyone uses their common sense :Y: which most do. Our biggest threat comes from natural causes and unfortunately every season there's the the numbskulls who get a thrill from fire and the blatantly stupid people who don't use common sense.

RM Outback said:
RM Outback said:
Ward69 said:
RM Outback said:

Bloody spell check got me again :mad: was meant to say.

Unfortunately for East Gippsland fire season has been called this early for the last few seasons.

I feel for everyone affected up north :( such a difficult time when fires do get out of control :N: The best we can hope for is everyone uses their common sense :Y: which most do. Our biggest threat comes from natural causes and unfortunately every season there's the the numbskulls who get a thrill from fire and the blatantly stupid people who don't use common sense.

Got it the first time

The DSE , FORESTRY COMMISSION, DNRE, ( DELWP ) , DEPT OF CHANGING NAMES , have cameras all over the forests. They can see who enters and who leaves and they can get regos and clear pictures. I have only ever seen one camera deep in the bush ,but they are there and well hidden.

When i first saw the camera i thought WTF is this ? Then i kept walking. A park ranger told me he had a large snake that had set off the cameras in a number of places. .
The biggest thing i worry about is parking the car in the right place and driving over dry grass . Innocently happened to a bloke up this way a couple of years` ago and burnt alot of ground.

Be careful out there.

FOZ

Latest posts