⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, great first stone. :clap: Try and find yourself some lighter coloured material, smokey or even clear you may find it easier dealing with less facet reflection. Dark stones can be difficult to pick exactly the right viewing angle to see what's going on when you're moving through the polish sequences. Looks as though the polish came up well on that one though, great start. :Y:

Looks great, you should be very happy.

You have produced a better outcome with this stone than most commercial cutters would have. The effort taken is evident. :cool:

Thank you, can't wait to start another one, going to stick with the Standard Round Brilliant for the next couple but in a lighter stone. But better do a few jobs around the place as well.

Regards prooz

kiwiturtle said:
Prooz, I think you have done an awesome job on your first gem :perfect: . How long did it take you ?
Thanks kiwiturtle, Not sure now how long it took, I don't take any notice of the time. No rush.

I have a few others now that I have been meaning to get a photo of soon.

Cheers

hi all looking for some one that can cut stones near wodonga

we are near wodona and looking for some one who cuts stones ect
have jasper and quarts to cut steve :)

steve forrde said:
hi all looking for some one that can cut stones near wodonga

we are near wodona and looking for some one who cuts stones ect
have jasper and quarts to cut steve :)

Have you tried the local gem club, Albury Lapidary Club.

https://www.alburylapidary.com.au/

Pretty sure they'll have all the gear you could want and the knowledge to get the job done.

There are quite a few trusted cutters on here and I would trust them far more than a 'Joe Blow' that you don't know what their work is like..... Wally69, Lefty, Dihusky, Sneeky Cuttlefish to name a few of the top of my head.... I know Dihusky and Lefty personally... They do fantastic work...

(sorry if I have missed a few more cutters) and I know I have...
If you actually went to the 'Clubrooms' there is usually someone there on weekends... Clubs don't like 'contacting' People in my experience .... Im still waiting for approval to have a stall at one of our local clubs for their 2017 show.. :rolleyes: :/

LW....

Steve, probably the closest to you would be Wally69, you'll see plenty of his work on this forum, he's a top notch cutter in Sydney. For the sake of a bit of registered post, you'll know you're sending to someone who will do a quality job, local gem club you might end up with student unless the instructor want's to take the work on.

The other alternative is contact the state rep for the Australian Facetors Guild and they might have members in your area.

8.( grrrrrrrr

Almost to the end with 8 facets to go, struggling with a cat hair scratch, and I did something in frustration that made my stone jump off the dop :8

So I guess this is a before shot.....

1560816766_365b8c1c-c9cc-4a59-9655-e035dcebdd6b.jpg

Thankfully it is still in one piece LW with no chips, so will have a crack at re-dopping. The final facets will all need to be meticulously cheated into place, so dont hold your breath for the final reveal. Should end up just under 2ct, assuming I dont need to recut the entire crown.

Got some big gouges in my polishing lap, so it will end up being a bloody expensive stone. :money: :gemstone: :money:

This is the real before shot
1560822461_d9ec2c4b-8229-4305-ab2d-4344834670c6.jpg

Latest posts