Last 3 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Off to WA soon so squeezed in some hunts.

The Vickie pennies are 1866 and 1875 and Vickie half penny is 1896. The other penny is a Cartwheel. I had to measure it up against my others to ensure that it is as it is so lacking in detail. It had the thick rim but some in the 180x years do too.

The two buttons of interest are one silver lapel (found with the other 4 slightly larger coat buttons) and the NSW Railways button and I think under a George Regina.

The lapel pin is for a George.

The heart shape medallion is religious.

There is also a half locket.

The find of most interest to me was the ring. It is copper and says "Affection". Quite possibly an engagement ring. While small in size it could fit a person with slight hands. Or, it was a child's ring but I favour my first thought. I found it pretty close to the Cartwheel.

1555289535_p1060715_2.jpg

1555289536_p1060716_2.jpg

1555289536_p1060717_2.jpg

1555289536_p1060718_2.jpg

1555289537_p1060719_2.jpg

Detectist said:
The two buttons of interest are one silver lapel (found with the other 4 slightly larger coat buttons) and the NSW Railways button and I think under a George Regina. The lapel pin is for a George.

That royal cypher would be for Georgius Rex (latin for King George). "Regina" means Queen.
Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_cypher): The present Queen's cypher is EIIR, standing for Elizabeth II Regina.

grubstake said:
Detectist said:
The two buttons of interest are one silver lapel (found with the other 4 slightly larger coat buttons) and the NSW Railways button and I think under a George Regina. The lapel pin is for a George.

That royal cypher would be for Georgius Rex (latin for King George). "Regina" means Queen.
Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_cypher): The present Queen's cypher is EIIR, standing for Elizabeth II Regina.

LOL - thanks Grubstake! I forgot - I'm used to picking up the odd Vickie or 2.

Latest posts