Advice needed...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what experienced people think about the patriot faceting machine. Would this be a good machine for a beginner? Also what to look out for when buying one. This machine is 3 years old only used handful of times. As I'm a beginner not sure on the value or there quality. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.
1555026973_20190412_094745.jpg

$2k isn't it? Lawrie Hall was very unhappy with Patriot because they interfered with his design ( a Patriot is a Hall Xtra with variations). It was the variations that Lawrie was displeased about so he discontinued association with Patriot.

As a 1st timers machine? It will do what needs to be done to complete a faceted stone but it may be detrimental to your experience of cutting. As to why this is you would have to talk to Peter Tolput in Cairns, but this is easier to say than do as Peter is not easily contacted these days.

If the problems with the machine could be easily counteracted then I would say it was a good price and is a good machine. Someone here has an Xtra and could inform you further.

I also saw this and then did some research on them, what I found kind of put me off as I was thinking about it as a second smaller machine to go with my wife's Xtra for when we're on the road. I got the impression from some of the comments I came across on other forums that they are not as well built as the Halls and not as accurate, but these were a few years ago, so maybe things have improved.

Another alarm for me is the price, $2k with laps etc is too cheap when the machine currently retails for $4295.00 why? ..... may be I'm getting too cautious of cynical in my old age. :/

Now if you come across a Hall 2000, that's a machine worth grabbing, I'd snap up a second one in an instant.

Latest posts