Araratgold videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great videos Rick, and yes I can understand a few F-Bombs under the circumstances :) Patches like this are few and far between these days. We all hope to someday uncover one :Y:

Thanks for all the positive responses, and even the negative one from Mackka, can't please everyone !

Dignit : Yes private land that we have been fortunate enough to arrange access to. It has seen a lot of activity over the years, but the ZED got what was left !

Goldtruck 59 : ha, one day you will get to fly it !

Cheers,
Rick and Kaye

Geat videos can you share some of your settings you run the zed on my son has one and is still playing with his settings but would be good to know how others work theres hope thats ok cheers Muk.

I was thinking park gold when I seen that nice cropped pasture lol.... was all great to see being found.... might have to cuss under your breath next time(just once at least) you get a giant nugget..... just so'se Mackka can follow the thrill at ease with no chance of choking on verbose excitement :p

Muk said:
Geat videos can you share some of your settings you run the zed on my son has one and is still playing with his settings but would be good to know how others work theres hope thats ok cheers Muk.

Thanks Muk, :D

I use normal where possible, even if I have to put up with a bit of ground noise. For quick swinging looking for that first piece I will mostly use general / difficult, then slow down and put it into normal to get those deep ones.

This paddock was broken down ironstone and quartz, so quite noisy, so I was using difficult. General gold setting, but will use high yield where small gold is found.
Sensitivity almost always above 16 ( in this case 18 ) and never use smoothing.

Auto, or semi auto GB. I think my threshold is at 25 from memory.

Basically, I run the machine as flat out as I can ! :Y:

Cheers, Rick

silver said:
I was thinking park gold when I seen that nice cropped pasture lol.... was all great to see being found.... might have to cuss under your breath next time(just once at least) you get a giant nugget..... just so'se Mackka can follow the thrill at ease with no chance of choking on verbose excitement :p

Sheep had mowed the paddock very well.
Thanks Silver, apparently some people are easily offended ! :D

Rick

Here's a pic of the cleaned up nugget, all 68 grams of it removed from the side of the rock :

1555313473_68_grams_gpz_gold.jpg

Awesome vids. Araratgold,
I have actually seen the 137g speci vid on YT a few times and loved it. I reckon if I found a piece like that the language would be much the same....Possibly worse :lol: Anyhow top stuff mate, keep them coming :Y:

MASSIVE NUGGETS ON VIDEO

Thought I'd finally post this clip that was taken a few years ago.Part of a patch of rough, gnarly looking gold specimens that ended up going 118 ounces gross all up.
Big one was 39.2 ounces gross when scrubbed up ( 31.2 ounces at 96% pure after an acid bath ). The one dug on camera was 10 ounces gross when scrubbed up.
The odd person has labelled it fake, claiming I planted the nugget, simply because I scraped an X with the side of my boot into the ground to mark the center of the target ! If you look at my other existing videos from this paddock, you will notice that most of them I have marked the target with a boot scraped X ! You can see the covered in hole from the big one a couple of metres behind my feet.
After we dug the big one ( which we thought was going to be a big piece of farm junk ), we got the video camera from the car. Spewing we didn't get the biggest one on camera !
Was the middle of a wet winter, so the ground was nice and soft, and the sheep paddock looked like a golf green.
The farmer was very happy with his cut.
Anyway, hope you enjoy it.
Cheers, Rick

Latest posts