You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Justjohn
14 April 2019 12:25 am

Hello all from NE North Carolina, coastal USA. I have been looking for an aluminum rocker box/cradle as more and more areas here in the US are becoming off limits to powered equipment. I have been unable to find what I want in terms of quality and portability here in the States. I found one that looks promising on an AU website called Gold Dog but was hoping there are other sources to compare. If anyone could recommend a source or a specific product, I would appreciate the help. I figured if any group would know good equipment, it would be you guys. Thanks for any recommendation you may offer and cheers to all, John

mbasko
14 April 2019 04:32 pm

Any good fabrication shop could make one up.
Maybe you could get something made to suit using these plans:
https://www.911metallurgist.com/blog/gold-rocker-box

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Mackka

Nanjim
14 April 2019 05:15 pm

Maybe even use the search function on the top left of the page and
Look for The Rockin Yobskin...
Well worth a look

APLA Member. A bad days prospecting beats a good days work anytime....

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

Mackka
14 April 2019 05:57 pm

Welcome JustJohn
Mackka

Justjohn
14 April 2019 10:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome. I was hoping to find one commercially available but having one fabricated is a possibility. I did use the search function and it appears ordering from the site I mentioned may not be the best solution. The Rockin Yobskin was definitely worth a look. I am a bit surprised rockers aren’t popular enough to justify more production in light of the changing regulations on both continents.

Smoky bandit
15 April 2019 07:38 am

There are a few well designed rocker boxes in America Gold grabber comes to mind its the same design as the rock in Yobskin you would think transport costs would be a lot cheeper as well. thumbsup

No pain No gain..

Justjohn
15 April 2019 09:57 am

Smokey, Unfortunately the gold grabber is no longer available and the domain is for sale. Same for the Allan Trees version and several others. I have been trying to find a US manufacturer for serveral months. I thought there might be a reliable Aussie source, so after lurking for some time on this forum and learning quite a bit, thought I would inquire. I do appreciate all input and being welcomed to the forum. You all seem to be a good and knowledgeable group of guys. I could build one in wood but that would not serve well, because of the distance I need to pack in, wood is just too heavy. I don't have the expertise to build one in aluminum, and really would prefer not to "contract" a build. One off projects are usually expensive, but it is what it is. Cheers, John

Smoky bandit
15 April 2019 10:52 am

Hi mate Pm sent.
This is the one, they were $750 but not sure if that's changed.
Give him a call .1555285947_img_20190415_40912.jpg

No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: goody2shoes

Justjohn
15 April 2019 11:07 am

PM received, thanks Smoky.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site